Q.Whitewashing charges on Tenant

Q. Whitewashing charges on Tenant

am staying at a rented apartment (Haryana) which I am going to vacate shortly- after a six month stay. The Landlord has said that he shall not be returning my deposit citing whitewash and repairs as reason. I would like to know the provisions in law, whereby he can do it, alternately - is there any law which makes whitewashing and minor repairs obligatory on the landlord. Lastly under what provisions can he ask for even more money for the above, and is there a particular protocol for it?

I presume you must have signed an agreement before taking the house.
You need to follow the conditions meticulously.If the terms and conditions says regarding payment, then you have to -pay otherwise simply do not bother to pay.Coming to white washing charges, it is the responsibility of the owner. See what is the standard practice there ?

It is all contract based agreement between you and landlord. If there is no clause in the rent agreement then he cannot refuse to return the advance amount. You can get issue a legal notice and file a recovery of money suit along with a claim for compensation for mental harassment.