Q.Providing False Information in multiple courts simultaneously

Q. Providing False Information in multiple courts simultaneously

Anonymous

In my divorce Case, wife said that she is not working and residing at her home town. She said this in her written statement as well as in her interim application. Point is that in the prayer she said she is working and in front page she mentioned not working and duly signed the copy and submitted in court in divorce Case and maintenance case in other court at her home town...I proved in court that she is working with handsome salary and residing in Mumbai only..she is found guilty and court ordered her to give her statement in writing. Is there any procedure to punish such parties who cheats multiple courts parallely by proving false information...???? Kindly guide me on the same....can I file a case against her for giving false statement in the court? She is cheating me and the court from past 3 years...please guide me...

Fix up a paid consultation through vidhikarya.com

A. You can make application under section 345 of CrPC read with section 193 to 196 of IPC called Perjury case in the same court.

View {{count[1]}} Reply

Anonymous

Thank you Sir. Your answer is really helpful...

A. Sir, In my opinion, if the court has already found her guilty there is no need to file another case of cheating or anything. However there are various sections of the IPC whereby she can be prosecuted for giving false evidence, wasting the time of the court, falsifying evidence, etc. Section 191 to 211[IPC] deals with False evidence. and section 193 deals with the punishment for giving false evidence.

Hope this helped