ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Q.Foreigner taking part in religious ceremonies.
Administrative Law (420)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (518)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (377)
Child Custody (146)
Civil (1938)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (544)
Contracts and Agreements (450)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1517)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (318)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (138)
Divorce (468)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (543)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1038)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1844)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (253)
Immigration (51)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (11)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (564)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (56)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2731)
Real Estate (400)
Registration (133)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)

Q. Foreigner taking part in religious ceremonies.

Placeholder image

Gvsaikumar Gv

posted 3 months ago

Dear sir,
(1) Is taking part in religious ceremonies by a foreigner leads to visa violation ?
(2) If we found visa violation,then to whom should we report ?
(3) if the local police refuse to receive the complaint regarding visa violation, then to what to do?
(4) How to find the type of visa a po person is having ?
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 4 of 4 Responses

A. Dear Mr.G.V.Saikumar,
1. Not necessarily.It depends on the type of VISA one has.
2.In case of violation get in touch with the Authorities, I mean the Authorities of your State Government or Union Territory as the case may be.
3.Police can not refuse.
3.1 In case of refusal get in touch with higher officer giving your full identity.At the same time lodge the FIR through NET and SPEED POST.There are lot of options left out for you.
4.That is not your job.Do not encroach the territory of Police and Intelligence.You might land up in trouble.
Your job ends up after giving information.Then Police starts taking action.
Shanti Ranjan Behera

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Shanti Ranjan Behera

Experience: 22 Year(s)

Responded 3 months ago

View All Answers
View {{count[0]}} Reply
Placeholder image

Gvsaikumar Gv

Experience: 1 Year(s)

Replied 3 months ago

You are mistaken.
Because no visa permit sich kind of action by foreigner.
Irrespective of nationality & type of visa , such action is violation of visa rules thereby foreigner act 1949 sec 14b.

Even missionary visa doesn't permit such kind of action.

Gvsaikumar Guntha


A. Dear as under
2.Presiding officer of concern country above

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Sunil Kumar Singh

Experience: 17 Year(s)

Responded 3 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Dear Sir,
You have to share full details to get appropriate legal advise because it is a matter of sensitiveness.

For full procedure contact me on mobile through Vidhikarya.
Rate me Five Star *
Please visit the following link.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here

A. Explain more about the nature of religious ceremony undertaken and whether any monetary transaction involved.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon


Experience: 11 Year(s)

Responded 3 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us