ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Q.Education loan
Administrative Law (420)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (518)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (377)
Child Custody (146)
Civil (1931)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (542)
Contracts and Agreements (450)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1517)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (318)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (138)
Divorce (468)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (541)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1038)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1842)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (252)
Immigration (51)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (11)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (564)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (56)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2729)
Real Estate (400)
Registration (132)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)

Q. Education loan

Placeholder image

Vikash Anand

posted 3 months ago

Sir , I took an education loan in August 2004 for my BSc nautical studies degree. I had applied for 5,75000 for this but the manager he can only section 4 lakhs but assured us that he would increase the loan amount later. As I had to deposit my first installment and had no option i agreed. In due course he did not increase the loan amount as promised and I was unable to pay the installment . So I forwarded a written complaint to regional office , head office of the bank, and forwarded the copy to RBI, and the finance ministry. I even filled a civil writ.The bank got into action and a senior official came and met me and assured verbally that if I take my writ back he would sanctioned the rest amount. But he did not . As a result I could not complete my course. Presently I am unemployed. Few days back I got a legal notice from the bank for depositing my loan amount with interest which was stated to be 29 lakhs approx failing to which they would initiate the process for body Warrent and attachment procedure.
Sir, please advice me to what should I do . Thanking you
Vikash Anand.
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 2 of 2 Responses

A. Dear Sir,
You have to pay the money back to the bank with interest.
The other option for you would be to try for one time settlement.
Shanti Ranjan Behera

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Shanti Ranjan Behera

Experience: 22 Year(s)

Responded 3 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Dear Sir,
Take some defensive steps. Please the following.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us