ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Q.Harassment charges against my boss
Administrative Law (422)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (521)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (379)
Child Custody (147)
Civil (1950)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (548)
Contracts and Agreements (452)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1523)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (322)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (142)
Divorce (475)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (546)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1049)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1857)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (255)
Immigration (54)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (11)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (576)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (58)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2743)
Real Estate (402)
Registration (134)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)

Q. Harassment charges against my boss

I was teaching and doing translation work for an organisation. In April, 2018 I was told that I would only be paid half the amount due for a document which I had translated from English to French. Since I was sure that this decision was not justified, I resigned from the translation service in protest and subsequently from my teaching position in the month of June 2018 since the same person was in charge of both teaching and translation and it would have been impossible to work under her. In my resignation letter, I accused my boss of harassment due to a series of contentious decisions by her previous to this decision. The Director of the organisation did not accept my resignation but I did not return there. In November 2018 the issue of the breach of contract in the translation of the document was resolved in my favour and my boss was ordered to pay me the balance of the amount due for the translated document. However, it would not be possible for me to work with this person anymore.
I took up the matter with the Executive Committee of the Organization to press harassment charges against her but last week it said that it did not want to interfere in the personal conflict of the two parties.
I expressed my disagreement since I felt that this was a clear case of harassment.
Would it be possible to take legal action against my boss ?
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 3 of 3 Responses

A. Dear madam,
You have the right to lodge the complaint for any irregularity which is not a part of your contract.
You can drag them to the Court of Law till they finally settle your claim which id legal and genuine.
Shanti Ranjan Behera

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Shanti Ranjan Behera

Experience: 22 Year(s)

Responded 3 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Dear Madam,
You may take the matter in two ways either to the Labor Commissioner or Private Complaint.
For full procedure contact me on mobile through Vidhikarya.
Rate me Five Star *
Please visit the following link.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here

A. Well, legally yes.
But then, in my honest opinion, If you have already received the due amount and do not want to return there. Then it is not a good idea to press the matter more. Had it been a case where you had to work there under such circumstances then things would've taken a different course.
But given your express disagreement to not work there anymore. Just get your dues which you are legally entitled to.

Hope this helped
Shreyash Mohta

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Shreyash Mohta

Experience: 1 Year(s)

Responded 3 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us