Q.cheating by owner for deposit amount

Q. cheating by owner for deposit amount

I was stayed up in rented house, it this January (28-01-2019) I have been vacated from there. I was informed orally about vacating to owner 1.5 month before. But in 3/02/2019 she called for giving deposit amount back. Actually after deduction including January month rent, electricity and water bill and all she have return balance amount. But she was deducted extra charges for “February rent” and saying it is for before two month notice period.

In agreement says two month before should inform the owner for vacating house. There no words for deduction before notice period for vacating in agreement. The deposit amount is 55000 rupees.

She given 28500 rupees after all deduction.

Journey month rent -9000

February rent (not in agreement) -9000

Charge for panting (it is there in agreement)-9000

Electricity bill -500

Water charge - 150

Cleaning charge - 500

Then she made round off 26500 rupees. I received the cheque for 28500 rupees. I supposed to get 359850 rupees . Is there any option to get full amount back legally .this type of cheating very common in Bangalore. we out off Bangalore people helpless to do anything

Yes, you can go to the Court of Law.

A. Dear sir if you made any agreement between both parties if yes then there must be one clause for notice period 3 months notice period . Ur duty to inform landlord before 3 months

View {{count[1]}} Replies

Anonymous

in agreement says i should inform 2 month before. i have informed 1.5 month before. and they are sure i will not in that house, because i have to stay alone for 9000 rupees per month. there is not words for deducting amount for less notice period . that is my question. why she should deduct amount from feb?.

U can file case against them

A. In my opinion you should follow the steps below

1. Send them a legal notice stating that you should receive the amount so mentioned in your query [also state as to how it was not given and why should it be given with valid detailing, if possible]
2. The legal notice should have a stipulated time period fixed for the reply and payment [upon failure of which]
3. You can then, file a money suit for recovery of such amount.

Hope this helped

View {{count[2]}} Replies

Anonymous

Hi sir,

thank you for the replay. i have one doubt. i have only document available is photo copy of agreements , rent slip given by them and settlement cheque. is this useful to give complaint /legal procedure?

You will require the original documents of the agreement. The Xerox can work fine. But you will need to produce the original. Rest, in my opinion are sufficient to file a case.

Yes, you can get a legal notice and thereafter you can file a money recovery suit claiming not only the balance but also some more amount towards interest and mental torture.