Q. Gift from a Charitable Trust to Another

Anonymous

Q.Gift from a Charitable Trust to Another
Dear Sir,
Can a Charitable Trust give the land (which it has got on lease from government) to another Charitable Trust as a "gift"?

Sayaree Ganguly

A. ) Dear Client,
No , a trust property is created for the purpose of the benefit of another person or an institution and its ownership cannot be transferred by any means unless clearly stated in the agreement.
Thanks.

Anonymous

Thank you very much Madam for your quick answer. It really made the matter very clear. I have a follow-up question as follows:

Can a Charitable Trust give the structure (building made of cement, steel etc.) built on land taken on lease from government to another Charitable Trust as a gift?

Thank you so much Madam.

Sayaree Ganguly

Dear Client,
No, a trust property cannot be transferred.
Thanks.

There will be conditions by the Government which were imposed at the time of releasing the property as such it cannot be gifted.

Anonymous

Thank you very much Sir for your quick answer. It really made the matter very clear. I have a follow-up question as follows:

Thank you so much Sir.

Anonymous

Dear Sir,
I could not yet receive your kind response on the above question. Your response is highly valuable and is eagerly awaited.

Thank you very much Sir

A. ) Sir, a charitable trust cannot gift a land which is has got on lease from the govt to any other charitable trust because

1. It is a lease property where the trust does not have absolute rights
2. The original owner of the property of such property is the govt
3. The govt has given such property on lease to a charitable trust for certain purpose
4. The charitable trust cannot give that property to any other charitable trust unless and until anything of that sort is specified in the agreement.

Anonymous

Thank you so much Sir.

No sir, The answer remains the same as above and the above terms and conditions will be applied in similar fashion.

The answer is NO.
But, there is a possibility if there is written something on the Trust DEED and LEASE DEED/Agreement with the Government.But, the chances are remote.

Anonymous

Thank you very much Sir for your quick answer. It really the matter very clear. I have a follow-up question as follows:

Thank you so much Sir.

Anonymous

Dear Sir,

Thank you very much Sir

A. ) No .

Anonymous

Thank you so much Sir.

No sir there must be taken permission from charity commissioner permission before it or resolution must be pass for it