Q. harassment from welfare society.

raj sangha

Q.harassment from welfare society.
i am resident of some colony.in our colony some residents form a new welfare society.they are pressurise me and some other residents of our colony to pay monthly 1000 rs maintenance charge.but we are not satisfied with this new society.now they are forcing me to pay and they have cut the connection of our street lights and told the gatekeeper to close the colony gate when i come.now i have to open gate by myself.now i donot want to go with this society.please tell me can any welfare society have right to do put restriction on any resident of colony if he is not satisfied with them and not want to pay them.please guide me i am in deep tension.also tell me where i have register complaint against them. thanking you

Get association of some other few persons who are not interested to contribute then approach the police and send representations to all the concerned since such collection of funds not only illegal and attract offences of extortion.