Q. Unable to repay loan due to bankruptcy

kabir T

Q.Unable to repay loan due to bankruptcy
My father took a loan(cash credit)(loan against property) from a bank of around 1.15 cr. he took it on himself, myself, my brother and on my mother(loan amount is divided in 4 parts). the property is registered with the value of 1.05 cr and now since around 5 months we have not paid emi and interest as we are completely bankrupt. we spoke with bank and said you may sell the property by court proceedings and recover the amount, they said the property value as of now is around 70 lakhs(as the market is down) hence now they are blackmailing us that they will file a fraud case against us. could you please suggest how to deal with this situation? we have already shifted our home to other city now as my dad had even loans of 3-4 nbfcs on his name. how can we come out of this situation, could you please assist? as we are not in a condition to pay even a penny.

Common sense works here. The banker must know the value and no banker get the property with low marker value as security. Their officials will be suspended. Get issue a legal notice from office and we shall take the case against them only. You will get much more amount if sold in public auction.

A. ) Try to solve it peacefully