ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Administrative Law (420)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (518)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (377)
Child Custody (146)
Civil (1938)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (544)
Contracts and Agreements (450)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1517)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (318)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (138)
Divorce (468)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (543)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1038)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1844)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (253)
Immigration (51)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (11)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (564)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (56)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2731)
Real Estate (400)
Registration (133)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)

Q. debt

hello husband take money from one person on int 8% per lakh n his frn take my sign on notery paper.our buisiness have some leagle my husband dont able to give him money.n i also dont have that matter what to do.he said me that he will took me in police lockup.pls give me advicew
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 3 of 3 Responses

A. Dear Ma'am

First there is no need of worrying, as no criminal complaint is maintainable against you. So, no question of arrest or police lockup arise here.
Secondly, he cannot lend any money to you on interest until and unless he is licencee under the Money Lenders Act.
Thirdly, if he uses the said notarised paper against you and file a suit for recovery, we can defend the same.


Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Harsh Vardhan

Experience: 4 Year(s)

Responded 1 month ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Madam there is nothing to worry. No one can arrest on such grounds and also if there is a money suit against your husband you can always contest it saying that your business had legal problems and because of that you were unable to payback the same. However you do have the Intentions to pay the same and can pay it back by way of instalments and that must be allowed by the court. If not that, then, you both can come together to a compromise and settle this matter amicably.
Shreyash Mohta

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Shreyash Mohta

Experience: 1 Year(s)

Responded 2 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Dear Madam,
Nothing to worry. It is useless paper. It cannot be used in court. If he approach the civil court it takes 3 years. No offense can be made on such paper. No body can arrest you.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us