Q. Leaving job in training period

Anonymous

Q.Leaving job in training period
I have joined karnataka prison dept as warder in september 2018 now i want to quit job.some people are saying i need to pay my whole salary back to the dept as i m quitting job in training period.but i have not signed any bonds regarding paying money and nothing was mentioned in employment notification. Higher officers are saying that dept will take 2 lakh rupees as training cost . M a farmer's son n right now I m not in a position to pay money (salary) back to the dept and monthly m spending 5k to my food govt is not giving free meals n training is also very very hard (physically). Some are saying it is mentioned in jail manual that trainee needs to pay salary back if he is going to quit job in training.. i dont know it is true or not. No one has shown any jail manual to us before joining . If i m entitled to my salary then what can i do next?? M ready to fight legally if its not true that one need to pay salary back to the dept. If i m asked to pay then what shoumd i do n how to deal with this problem?pls give me a solution sir.. thank you

To avoid payment you may approach Karnataka Administrative Tribunal and get justice.

Sayaree Ganguly

A. ) Dear Client,
Whatever is written in the contract that you signed, things will be carried on in accordance to that. Its better that before giving your resignation letter, you kindly consult some advocate and show him the papers that you signed .

A. ) Sir,

1. If you did not sign any bond then it does not make you liable to pay any money
2. even if you had signed bonds there are supreme court directions for the same and you don't have to pay a heavy amount like the 2lacs which you have mentioned.

Things you should do
1. Give them a notice in writing that you will be quitting job, also serve the notice period of probably 1 month.
2. If in case you do not want to serve the notice period, then you waive off your salary for that month or else pay back the amount you were entitled to get if you had worked that month.
If in case they still do not let you leave the office or they ask for money, THEN

1. Issue a legal notice stating the facts and circumstance and direct them to let you leave the office within a stipulated time. If, they still don't comply, then,

2. File a suit against them.

Sunil Kumar Singh

A. ) Don't worry.

Pavamani

A. ) Training is given as part of duty. Once you quit you will be out of the training. That is all .

Pavamani

A. ) You will not be asked to pay back the salary for which you have already worked. But when you quit or resign you will lose all benefits of pension PF and gratuity.

Neeraj Kumar

A. ) first, ask them everything in writing by sending them a legal notice. Then you may plan for the next step.

Ranjita

A. ) You need to provide all the copy of papers which you have signed and any forms filled at the time of applying for the job. After going through those papers I can give you any suggestion.

A. ) Dear sir u should approach any local lawyer for better understanding