Q. Privacy Policy for Online Portal

Anonymous

Q.Privacy Policy for Online Portal
Hi Sir,

We want to launch an online portal, where we can post the “Service Enquiry” related to Home Interior or Home Renovation, given by the customer.

Our team will get in touch with the customers on call, to understand their exact requirements related to the Home & Office interiors in detail.

We will take the consent on call from the customers to share their contact details with the service providers they are looking for.

We will ask the customers how many quotations they are looking for from the Professionals (Architects/Interior Designers/Planners) or Service Providers.

After getting the details from the customer, we will post the “overview of the project or service enquiry” WITHOUT showing the customer contact detail, on the portal.

The Professionals (Architects/Interior Designers/Planners) will be visit the portal to understand the project overview if they are interested in the deal, they can buy the customer contact details by paying a small amount.

We can sell the contact details only to the number of Professionals the customer wants to reach out to.

My questions are-

Are there any legal hindrances in our modus operandi?
Can we give the service to our customers in such a way?
Can we sell customer contact details to the Professionals/Service Providers through our Portal?

Waiting for your reply.

A. ) No legal hinderance except a specific agreement which contains all details in a detailed manner and signed and verified by the customer.
Yes, you surely can do this, there is nothing ILLEGAL in it. but again, pls remember to execute a specific agreement which contains all details in a detailed manner and signed and verified by the customer.
YES, with their approval/consent through such agreement.

Ayantika Mondal

A. ) There is slight gap in the concept, when you market this concept you should say that yours will be a platform to get the professional architects and interior designers connected with clients on a large scale. You will require to register your business, trademark etc. and set up all necessary policies on the website to comply guidelines given under the IT Act and Rules.
Should you require any further inputs don't hesitate to call me : Adv Ayantika

Anonymous

Hi Ayantika,
We are taking the consent of the customers, on call to provide them with the service providers.
My concern is-
Is it legal to CHARGE the Professionals or Service Providers for sharing the "Service Request" of the customers with their contact details?
Will that be the violation of the Privacy Policy according to the IT Act in India?

A. ) There is no problem in such a system. Such systems do operate for a variety of service providing units which are working on an online base model.

Things you should keep in mind.

1. Privacy of the customer
2. Confidentiality of the customer
3. Private details of the customers [contact, residential address etc]
4. Purpose for which the customer wants service
All such private information shall not be leaked without the consent of the customer. If in case it does then, the customer shall have all the rights to sue you for breach of privacy.
More so, the concept must be trust worthy and designed in a manner to help the clients and not to harass them and cheat them, there are a lot of online portals which dupe people online and do not serve them properly.
You can create your own privacy policy and float it out online with terms and conditions as the case may be accepted by the client [Digitally]
after such safe guards I do not think you shall have any legal problems so to say.

Your concept seems to be very good but your personal discussions with in any local lawyer of Vidhikarya may give you appropriate legal advise on seeing your documents.

A. ) Don't break privacy of clients . Only