ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Q.Legal Opinion
Administrative Law (422)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (521)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (379)
Child Custody (147)
Civil (1950)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (548)
Contracts and Agreements (452)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1523)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (322)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (142)
Divorce (476)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (546)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1049)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1857)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (255)
Immigration (54)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (12)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (576)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (58)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2743)
Real Estate (402)
Registration (134)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)

Q. Legal Opinion

Placeholder image


posted 2 months ago

Please give your opinion on a deceased claim, Fixed Deposit worth Rs. 2500000 (Twenty Five Lakhs),
It is a Joint FD in the name of my Grand Mother and my Father, the nomination is also in my father name. My Grand Mother has 4 legal hires including my father. All the four members have given a letter (Notice) to bank saying hold the FD till all the family member amicable settle the matter but four years ago the matter dint solved. and now all are demanding equal share. My Grand Mother Expired 4 years ago & My Father expired 2 years ago.

When my father was alive he requested the bank to transfer the amount in his name as he is the joint holder and nominee of the FD.

The bank manager denied saying that we have received letters (Notice) (Two Own Written and One Lawyer Notice)

Now I approached the present Bank Manager regarding the same, the Bank Manager processed for the claim and completed the paper work formalities after 3 month now the present Bank Manager is saying that, My father could have taken the claim at that time only, now your father is also no more now the amount is to be equally divided.

Weather it is a mistake of previous Bank Manager that he denied for the claim or the present Bank Manager.

So please guide me with best legal opinion, and further process.

Thanking you.

Yours Faithfully.

Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 2 of 2 Responses

A. as it was a joint FD, therefore it will be treated as two FDs of RS. 1250000/- each, one of Grandmother and one of father,
now it will be distributed as follows-
the share of grandmother i.e. 1250000/- will be distributed in legal heirs of grandmother
the share of father i.e. 1250000/- will be distributed in legal heirs of the father

for detailed discussion call/mail me.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Suneel Moudgil

Experience: 15 Year(s)

Responded 2 months ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Yes sir all legal hair having equal shares.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Rameshwar Dadhe

Experience: 2 Year(s)

Responded 2 months ago

View All Answers
View {{count[1]}} Reply
Placeholder image


Replied 2 months ago

I think u r not focusing on nominee.

Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us