Q. Legal Opinion

Anonymous

Q.Legal Opinion
Sir,
Please give your opinion on a deceased claim, Fixed Deposit worth Rs. 2500000 (Twenty Five Lakhs),
It is a Joint FD in the name of my Grand Mother and my Father, the nomination is also in my father name. My Grand Mother has 4 legal hires including my father. All the four members have given a letter (Notice) to bank saying hold the FD till all the family member amicable settle the matter but four years ago the matter dint solved. and now all are demanding equal share. My Grand Mother Expired 4 years ago & My Father expired 2 years ago.

When my father was alive he requested the bank to transfer the amount in his name as he is the joint holder and nominee of the FD.

The bank manager denied saying that we have received letters (Notice) (Two Own Written and One Lawyer Notice)

Now I approached the present Bank Manager regarding the same, the Bank Manager processed for the claim and completed the paper work formalities after 3 month now the present Bank Manager is saying that, My father could have taken the claim at that time only, now your father is also no more now the amount is to be equally divided.

Weather it is a mistake of previous Bank Manager that he denied for the claim or the present Bank Manager.

So please guide me with best legal opinion, and further process.

Thanking you.

Yours Faithfully.

---------------------

A. ) as it was a joint FD, therefore it will be treated as two FDs of RS. 1250000/- each, one of Grandmother and one of father,
now it will be distributed as follows-
the share of grandmother i.e. 1250000/- will be distributed in legal heirs of grandmother
the share of father i.e. 1250000/- will be distributed in legal heirs of the father

for detailed discussion call/mail me.

A. ) Yes sir all legal hair having equal shares.

Anonymous

I think u r not focusing on nominee.