ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Q.Advocate acting in unethical ways
Administrative Law (420)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (518)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (377)
Child Custody (147)
Civil (1943)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (547)
Contracts and Agreements (450)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1517)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (318)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (138)
Divorce (468)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (546)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1045)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1850)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (255)
Immigration (51)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (11)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (564)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (56)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2735)
Real Estate (400)
Registration (134)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)

Q. Advocate acting in unethical ways

I had approached an advocate for my late Grandfather’s property dispute relating to the recovery of my father’s share of the sale proceeds from the said property sold and money illegally retained by father’s sibling.
The sale of property was done in such a way that the entire sale proceeds went to only one of the sibling of my father. My Grandfather died intestate.
The advocate initially insisted on searching of deed and so he found the deed and also got certified copy of the deed from registrar office.
Next he told notice needs to be sent to the buyer and also to my father’s sibling and so he sent Civil notice (to buyer) and Criminal notice (to Father’s sibling) and then he again sent notice second time after no reply for first notice, however there was no reply for second notice as well.
When I asked the advocate to share the copy of the legal notices with me he didn’t and gave several excuses and assurance but till date it’s been several months I did not even see what notice has he drafted and also he did not share the tracking number of the notice letters posted.
I have been clearly telling him to send me the copy and tracking number of the notices for my reference by email but he never sent me till date and now for past 2 months he is not even responding to my repeated phone calls and nor is he calling me back.
I have made the payments in advance in all occasions whenever he used to charge fees for any service and then only he use to proceed with the work after getting the payment.
I have made all the payments through online mode to his bank account.
Now I am worried that having spent considerable amount of money on sending two types of notices both Civil and Criminal as advised by the advocate and that too sending it two times in the last six months and not getting to see what notice has he drafted and not sharing any tracking number of the letters to make sure that the notice letters are actually sent.
What shall I do in this scenario as I am already worried with my own case of my father’s property share and this advocate is now suddenly acting in unethical ways.
I got to know about the Advocate through one of the online websites.
I am situated in Karnataka and the Advocate and my father’s property is in Kolkata.
Your advice would be helpful.
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 2 of 2 Responses

A. Dear Sir,
You may lodge complaint with concerned Bar Council as per procedure prescribed by it and sometimes you have to deposit Rs. 3,000 or so and then try to chase the advocate.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here

A. First of all pls trace the advocate and his credentials with the concerned bar association of the court he claims to be associated with. If found guilty of fraud , u can immediately lodge a complaint in the nearby police station .if police delays u can approach the magistrate in that jurisdiction.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon


Experience: 3 Year(s)

Responded 1 month ago

View All Answers
Reply Here
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us