Q. Daughter laws

Anil Gutte

Q.Daughter laws
Sir,my mother died in 2000 before 2005 year and my mother has two boys me and my brother, my grandfather is alive until now but they have not given any share to my mother in ancestors as well as self earned property !! They has divided into two boys of my grandfather i.e. my two mama ,sir please advise me my mother will get equal shares in her father's ancestors as well as self earned property or not???

A. ) You can file a partition suit in respect of the ancestral property. However, she is not entitled to any share in the self acquired property.

Anil Gutte

Dear sir,can you tell me that there any obstruction regarding that my mother died before 2005 ? I was hear it on YouTube that daughter should live upto 2005 and after and then she becomes copartner in any property?? Please can you clear me this confusion??

Sir please contact me directly through Vidhikarya.
We can then discuss on the matter.

A. ) U can file partition suit.

During the lifetime of your grandfather and your mother not entitled for a share in the self acquired property of your grandfather. However she can file a suit for partition in respect of Ancestral Property.

Anil Gutte

Dear sir, can you clear my confusion that my mother died before 2005 so because of this, there is any obstruction regarding right of mother on ancestors property. Or not? Because I was hear it on YouTube that daughter should live upto 2005 or after 2005 then she will get partnship in any property?? Please sir ,clear this confusion??

Himanshu Mahajan

A. ) Prima Facie based on the little information that you have given, your mother and after her both his sons should get share of the ancestral property of her father as per the Hindu Succession Act and you both can file a suit for partition for the same. Regarding the self acquired property of your maternal grandfather, there is no right of any legal heir to the said property unless your grandfather dies intestate.

For further queries and a detailed legal opinion you may contact me anytime.

Anil Gutte

Dear sir your means my mother will get right on self acquired property only after death of my grandfather, but she has right on ancestors property now!!

Anil Gutte

Sir ,Dieing before 2005 has any effect on right of my mother on ancestor or self earned property of her father?? And Sir can I claim my mother ancestors property any time during my life time ,or after 5 to 10 years later or longer time later??

Himanshu Mahajan

Your legal issues require face to face conference so that we can assess all the legal options with latest judgments of Supreme Court. Therefore, it is advisable that you kindly visit my office and we can answer all your queries after getting more details from you regarding the facts of the case.