Q. Transferring a employment bond(indemnity)

Vinaya Pa

Q.Transferring a employment bond(indemnity)
M working in karnataka govt office from 7 months n currently m in training .Now my dept is asking me to sign a bond which states that" i wont leave job before completion of 5 years and if i leave job in training period i ll pay all salary withdrawn during training period and extra 2 thousand rupees as training cost" . Now my question is its been 7 months i have joined this govt dept , is it legal to ask an employee to sign bond after 7 months of joining and training?As its a govt dept m afraid to fight legally bcz it may cause harm to my future.. incase if i sign that bond .can I transfer that bond to other karnataka govt dept as m going to join karnataka forest dept in june. Is there any ways to solve my problem..pls reply sir

Viswanath M K

A. ) Transfer is not possible as the training given to you in one department will be different from another.Above everything, the government department which has asked you to sign the bond is in a dominant position over you. So, you may say that the singature was obtained by undue influence

Vinaya Pa

After 8 months of joining is it legal to asking to sign a bond? Sir how can make myself to not to sign a bond? If i say i wont sign then what are the actions to be taken against me?? It is a govt dept so m worried..i dont knw what to do next..pls suggest me sir

Viswanath M K

Please arrange to contact me. I'll give you a solution

A. ) It will be dependent upon u

Naturally such bonds recently being taken by the Government Departments but it seems there is no supporting circulars issued by the State Government. Just sign the same and continue the same and whenever issue arise they have to approach Civil Court and you can defend in many ways. Central Government recognizes transfer of bonds from one organisation to other organisation when the employee changes employment, this principle can be applied to your case.