Q. Missed to Rent , how to pay?

Anonymous

Q.Missed to Rent , how to pay?
My parent failed to pay rent as there is no power of attorney to collect the rent, now they want to pay in cash. Previously we paid in cheque. what to do?

It is better to pay in cheque or DD or bank transfer or take some receipt.

Anonymous

Sir,
Thanks for showing the right path, but I want share all the details:
Tenant is my father & we stay with him, house is in the name name of Late Kanai lal kar (estate). Now the person who took rent from us(son of Late Kanai Lal kar) he has the power of attorney & we paid in cheque. He is the son of the owner. June 2009 he was expired & we sent a registry letter to one of his brother to know whom we pay the rent? They are 7 brothers as my knowledge(means 7 children of the onwer). They refused to receive that letter. 2012 that brother sent us a letter where he mentioned that he & his another brother is authorized to receive the rent as mutually decided by them & asked to pay the rent with interest. In response we sent another letter to know the payee name as we would pay in cheque & they do have joint account or not & denied to pay interest as we already tried to resolve this issue from the beginning. No response received from their end. End of 2012 they sent a Notice from a lawyer where they claim the payment but no such details which we asked earlier for payment. Now yesterday (9th April 11:30AM) the son of the receiver(who expired on june2009) came to us & asked to pay in cash. Threaten that he will take legal action & we have pay interest as well on pending amount. We went to police station & informed the entire thing & give a complaint to them. No how can I pay this amount & whom to pay. If we sit with him what things we should ask? Is there any way to settle that amount in installment along with to pay the current months rent. Please guide me.

Viswanath M K

A. ) If you pay in cash, obtain a receipt. Ask them if you can pay through online fund transfer. By the way, the tenant cannot legally question the title of the landlord, so it is immaterial whether they have a PoA or not.