ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Q.School Fees Refund
Administrative Law (422)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (518)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (379)
Child Custody (147)
Civil (1945)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (548)
Contracts and Agreements (452)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1517)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (320)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (142)
Divorce (472)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (546)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1046)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1851)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (255)
Immigration (54)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (11)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (576)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (58)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2738)
Real Estate (402)
Registration (134)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)

Q. School Fees Refund

I had applied and got the admission for my child in Junior KG, in school-1 here in Sion, Mumbai for academic year 2019-2020. Since i was planning for admission in school-2, i had paid the fees in school-1 as a backup and here it was written that fees will not be refunded in full once the admission is done. Now i got my desired admission in school-2 and wish to apply for cancellation of admission in school-1. How can I get the refund of fees in full, once I cancel the admission in school 1.
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 3 of 3 Responses

A. U should try to solve amaicably otherwise file complaint against them

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Rameshwar Dadhe

Experience: 2 Year(s)

Responded 1 month ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. Dear Sir,
You may get issue a legal notice and file consumer case and give vide publication about your case so that they feel shy and come for compromise.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here

A. Sir, things you should know before this.

1. There are some considerations which are non refundable.
2. Every school has its own return policy.
3. You will not get the admission fees returned in full.

You need to go to the authorities of the school and give them a written letter stating that you are withdrawing the admission of your child from their school for "XYZ" reasons and as such he will not be able to continue studying in that institution.
For the same you are seeking the refund amount of the admission fee which has already been paid by you to the school. Thereafter you need to talk to the accounts department and get the matter resolved as they are the ones who deal with the monetary part.
If they do not refund the amount then

1. Understand there refund policy
2. If in case there is a mention of refund and you are not getting the same, then, you can send them a legal notice for the same.

Shreyash Mohta

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Shreyash Mohta

Experience: 1 Year(s)

Responded 1 month ago

View All Answers
Reply Here
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us