ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Q.unable to get tenant to leave for 5 years
Administrative Law (420)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (518)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (377)
Child Custody (147)
Civil (1943)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (547)
Contracts and Agreements (450)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1517)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (318)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (138)
Divorce (468)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (546)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1045)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1850)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (255)
Immigration (51)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (11)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (564)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (56)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2735)
Real Estate (400)
Registration (134)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)

Q. unable to get tenant to leave for 5 years

The premises under dispute is situated in Kolkata, West Bengal.
My grandfather is the landlord. We had filed a case of eviction against the tenants on the grounds that they were not willing to pay increased rent, which was dismissed as my grandfather was unable to attend the court hearings for a significant period of time. The tenants claim that they have been submitting rent to “rent controller” during that period of time. But when we asked for the rent receipts, they replied they cannot show us the rent receipts, as per their lawyer’s advice. Can they do that legally?
Also, given that the lawyer appointed by our grandfather (my grandfather gave power of attorney to the lawyer) is also not cooperating to help us get the rent amount from “rent controller”, how do we get the rent.
Also, if we find out that, the tenants have not been depositing the rent money in “rent controller”, what steps can be taken?
Our main objective is to evict the tenants, as we want to use the premises for other purpose. The problem is, that my grandfather has misplaced the rent agreement, grandfather’s lawyer is neither helping us nor sharing the documents of the case with us, and the tenants have been paying a very low rent for a very long time.
Pls advice on how to proceed.
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 1 of 1 Responses

A. Dear Sir,
There are so many shortcut ways to get possession of tenanted premises. Please approach any talented advocate.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us