Q. Children and their parents and other individuals playing on public roads

Anonymous

Q.Children and their parents and other individuals playing on public roads
Is playing shuttle badminton, volley ball, foot ball, cricket etc. on the public roads that are there right in front of people's houses legal?

For eg., presently a couple residing as my neighbor with their kids have started playing shuttle badminton on the public road that is immediately opposite our houses on a daily basis. I do get disturbed by this and I wanted to know how far this is legal or illegal. As the couple did not listen to my requests not to play on the road, I lodged a police complaint at our local police station. However, the inspector in charge presently has permitted the couple and the kids to continue to play despite of my complaint. The inspector says that when the say that they do not disturb anybody and play right in front of their house, he doesn't want to disallow. However, when I ask him to give this decision of his in writing he is not doing so diving me some excuses that he is busy etc.

I always thought that, by law, nobody (whether children or gown-ups), that too when there is a complaint, is permitted to play any sort of game including less disturbing shuttle badminton to more disturbing cricket etc.

Could you pls clarify on this?

You may file PIL in the High Court and get an order which will be helpful one and all.

A. ) Dear sir please try to solve it peacefully because it is not possible legally

Anonymous

Thanks Mr Rameshwar for your kind reply.

If there is no direct law (to the effect that people should not play on public roads), is there no other law which might come for help indirectly in such a situation? For eg. say a law stating that people should not do anything on the road that obstructs the traffic, people must not make noise on the roads disturbing other residents etc?

Then u will need to file PIL in high court.