Q.Name change
Administrative Law (420)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (518)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (377)
Child Custody (147)
Civil (1943)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (547)
Contracts and Agreements (450)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1517)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (318)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (138)
Divorce (468)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (546)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1045)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1850)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (255)
Immigration (51)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (11)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (564)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (56)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2735)
Real Estate (400)
Registration (134)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)

Q. Name change

Anonymous

Hi. This may be a little complicated. I was born in Karnataka but I am domicile resident Please go through the below details and let me know how do I go ahead with it.

Issue: name change
Birth place: Gadag, Karnataka (1988)
Name on birth certificate: Fathima
Father name: Rehman Shaikh
Name on SSC leaving certificate: Fathima Rehman (studied in Goa)
Name on Aadhar and voter card: Fathima Rehman Shaikh (both from Goa)

Now after marriage my in laws changed my name(unofficially) to Sana Khan

I want to change my name on all my documents to Sana Khan.. please advise..

A. Dear Madam,
You may follow the below given procedure.
========================================================
I am a lawyer by profession, and have followed the below given procedure for changing my own name. Let me use my experience to help you to change your own name.
Follow the below given steps for changing your own name.
Step 1 – Affidavit
Go to you local Notary and make an affidavit regarding change of your name. You have to mention therein your specific reason for changing your name. For example, you may like to change your name after marriage (especially for women), due to astrological or numerological reasons or anything. Recently, one of my friends was going to start his own company who was locally famous in his nickname, and thus he changed his name from Rishabh Agarwal to Saurav Agarwal.
Note: Here is your sample name change affidavit for reference.
Tips: Make a few copies of your affidavit, and preserve the original one carefully. It’s better to scan it, and preserve its electronic copy on your external hard disk as well as on multiple computers.
This affidavit can be used for changing your first or last name and also using the same, you can completely change your name (both first and last name, for example from Rishabh Agarwal to Saurav Verma).
Step 2 – Newspaper Publication
I, Sri ___________________ (old name) have changed my name from __________________ (old name) to ______________ (new name) by affidavit sworn before the Notary Public, ______________ (place) on ___________ (date). Henceforth, I shall be known as _________________ (New Name) for all purposes. ______________ (Name) and _______________ (Complete postal address).
Full Signature
Fill in the blanks with appropriate details and publish it in your local newspaper.
Tips:
You can choose any 2 local newspapers for publishing it. (No need for FrontPage coverage). Although you need only once copy but its better to get ten copies of that newspaper in which your statement is published and preserve it carefully, because it’s now a lifetime issue. It’s better to preserve both the hard and scanned copies of the newspaper.
Step 3 – Gazette Notification
Now for getting your name published in the Official Gazette of your state, for example: “The Delhi Gazette”, you need to do the following things:
1. Visit your local Government Press or the department that mobilizes Gazette notification.
2. Get 2 copies of “Deed Changing Surname Form”. (Fill this form carefully as per the instructions provided therein)
3. If possible get the phone number, or the mobile number of the person of that department who can help you for Gazette Notification.
Verification
You need to send the following documents to the Secretary, Department of Commerce & Transport (Commerce), _________________ (State).
1. Letter to the Secretary, requesting him to allow you to change your name. (Click here to view sample letter)
2. The “Deed Changing Surname Form”
3. 2 True copies of the newspapers in which your name change statement is published.
4. Attested copy of the Name Change Affidavit.
5. A print out of the statement in plain paper that you need to publish in your official Gazette. (Generally Same as your Newspaper Statement)
6. A Copy of your current identity like your Voter Identity Card, PAN Card, Birth Certificate, School or College Certificates and etc.

*******

A. All you need to do is go to a local lawyer and ask him to draft a name change petition/declaration petition with affidavit which would state the following.

1. Why do you want such name change.
2. that both the persons are the same.
3. The affidavit should contain the truth.
Thereafter the magistrate of the 1st class shall verify the details and upon satisfaction pass necessary order/orders as he deems and proper.

A. Apply for name change through filing a suit for declaration hiring one prominent lawyer.

A. Dear client complete name change is not allowed, impossible and disclaimed in any options.only correction in spelling and surname change after marriage is allowed.but for that purpose also you need to follow all legal framework and procedures.

Deepak Bade