ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Q.Requesting for marriage
Administrative Law (420)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (518)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (377)
Child Custody (146)
Civil (1938)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (544)
Contracts and Agreements (450)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1517)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (318)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (138)
Divorce (468)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (543)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1038)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1844)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (253)
Immigration (51)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (11)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (564)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (56)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2731)
Real Estate (400)
Registration (133)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)

Q. Requesting for marriage

Placeholder image

Amit Jally

posted 4 weeks ago

Dear sir /madam
Kindly excuse me if i make some wrong typing message.

Dear sir /madam
I am Amit Kumar Jally .i am 21 years old . I want to court marriage . Please help us . Her age also 21 .
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 3 of 3 Responses

A. Dear Madam,
You may approach local lawyer and get register your marriage.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here

A. Dear Client,
To get married legally, you got to fulfill certain conditions.
You can get married under the Special Marriage Act 1954.
Kindly contact some lawyer through Vidhikarya and he will guide you through the entire procedure.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Sayaree Ganguly

Experience: 2 Year(s)

Responded 4 weeks ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. In India, a court marriage takes place under the Special Marriage Act, 1954

Both the bride and the groom must fulfill the following conditions.

They should not have a living husband/wife at the time of marriage.
They should not be incapable of giving consent due to unsound mind.
Even if they can give consent, they should not have a mental disorder which makes them unfit for marriage or having children.
They must not suffer from insanity or epilepsy.
The bride should be at least 18 years old and the groom at least 21.
Both parties must not be within prohibited relationship with each other.

Steps for Court Marriage

1. Notice of marriage
2. Publishing of notice and compulsory waiting period of 30 days
3. Objections and investigation [ if any ]
4. Declaration by parties and witnesses
5. Marriage registration certificate

I hope i was able to solve your query.
Shreyash Mohta.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Shreyash Mohta

Experience: 1 Year(s)

Responded 4 weeks ago

View All Answers
Reply Here
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us