Q. Employment Bond Breaking

satish k

Q.Employment Bond Breaking
I was selected as a JAO (Junior Accounts Officer) in one government sector company. While giving job notification by company, it was clearly mentioned that bond is applicable from the date of JAO appointment and appointment will be done only after passing the exam which is conducted by them after completion of 11 weeks training. But, whereas in signed agreement between me and company before commencement of training stating that bond is applicable from the first date of training, which is against to job notification released by the same company. Currently, I am in training stage at 6 week out of total 11 weeks and wanted to quit from the job because of personal reasons. In this situation, when agreement and job notifications are contradict to each other, which one will prevail. Am i liable to pay bond amount as per agreement or any chances to quit without paying bond amount based on job notification. Please suggest me in this matter.

You need not bother there are for and against judgments and if you share more details then effective legal advise can given.

Viswanath M K

A. ) Plainly speaking, the agreement prevails over the notification. However, when you have an employer bond, the employer is in a dominant position and so, there is an extent of undue influence when the agreement is signed, as the employee is lured by misrepresentation. In your case, the job notification prevails, and you can move the court t enforce the same,, and safeguard your interests.

A. ) Approach to the higher authority of the department. Try to solve it peacefully. Otherwise no chance. If any clues in agreement for it then send me on mail