Q. Civil case

Anonymous

Q.Civil case
Hello sir,
My parents planned to renovate the ground floor and extension of 1st floor, so we got in touch with a contractor named hardik Patel.
He made the plan and estimate budget was 11 - 12lakhs,initially my dad made the payment whenever he used to ask for purchase of material.
Approx 12lakh or more was given without any bills, but then when he asked for money dad asked for bills, then he started to delay the work of carpenting, plumbing, electrical etc.
His work is incomplete, hasn't done the white colour properly, and during rainy season there was a spark from the switch board also. Texted him on the same, he replied tht now water will come from above later water will start coming from the flooring also.
Now he has filed a case against my dad of not paying him the money, because dad has requested the bank for stop payment during the rainy season when he replied in tht way.
Sir, please help me out in solving this because dad doesn't want to take the case for long term,and he has come to a state tht he is ready to pay off and settle it.
But sir, tht guy has not completed the work and the work done is also nor proper, so without giving money can we do something else?

A. ) Issue a legal notice for the same and if they do not comply to the same
File a suit for recovery.

Ashish K Dongre

A. ) Issue a legal notice to that effect

Anonymous

Hello Mam,
How should it be done?

Regards,
Vishakha

it is a civil contract between you and him. You can file a suit and recover for causing trouble to you.

Anonymous

Hello sir,
The current situation is dad got letter from court to appear on 24th of April, he appeared but due to some strike by advocates judge was also not available, so after discussing with the contractor the clerical person gave the date of. 15th May. But dad is not available on the given date and someone has to be present..
Is there any way to counter file case against him?
Please provide your suggestion Sir
Regards,
Vishakha