Q. Accidental death of a stray dog by my brother in law car

Anonymous

Q.Accidental death of a stray dog by my brother in law car
A stray dog ran into my brother in laws car in a society where he went to receive his son from day care. He got down to check on the dog, which had taken cover under a tree. The dog was breathing and was alive.
My brother un law called a friend who stays in tge same soceity and has a dog to for help, but the friend was not home. On my brother in laws request the friend assured him tgat wen he comes back in an hr he will take the dog to the vet.
As my brother in law qas with his son, he went back home, the same evening he received a call from a lady who enquired about wat had happened, my brother in law explained qbout the accident and said that he was waiting for his friend ti take the dog to the vet. The lady said good as long as ur taking the dog to the the vet.
In an hrs time the lady msged back saying im taking the dog to my house and now this is hit and run case.
My brother in laws friend called him wen he reached the soc that the dog was not under the tree. To which my brother in law told him that the lady had taken the dog home. My brother in laws friend told him anyways thd vet wont bd open now lets take the dog to tge vet in the morning.
next morning the lady msg my brother in law congratulations the dog is dead and then goes to the police station to fole a complain.
The police called my brother in law and understood the whole situation, thr lady left tgd police station sayinh she will di tgd post mortem of thr dog.
When my brother in law asked the police wat he should do next the police said dont worry she cant do the postmortem with a letter from the police. The same evening my brother in law called the police to enquire the police said the lady has not come at all.
The watchman of the soc mentioned to my brother in laws friend that thd lady had laid the dog to rest.
We thought the matter was over, until a call yesterday from the police saying that the lady has brought a postmortem report.
Kindly guide us wat are next step should be as i dont think we will get a copy of postmortem report.
Can the lady file the case against by brother in law?
Wat is the law on accidental death of stray dog?

A. ) nothing to worry, nothing will happen at all, the dog died while in custody of women,

The description given by you is so lengthy, please make it short and re-submit, as experts have no time to spare as this is free and charity work.

A. ) It is very new case in this era . Don't worry sir u should approach to the any local lawyer he will help you . But very challenging matter for all . Police department. Law department. Or everyone. Please don't warry

A. ) Don't worry nothing will happen.
Even if the dog was hit by your car and then you did wait and if you have the msgs to prove that the lady was in constant touch with you and had taken the dog then the lady could have also taken the dog to the vet and sent you the bill for the same.
There is nothing to worry. Just do whatever the police says and finish off this matter as soon as possible.

Anonymous

I dont really know wat the lady did.
All i know is she sent a msg to my brother in law that the dog died. All no bills were given to us.

Anonymous

Also what if the lady wants to fike a case against us, will there be a arrest?

There will not be a lot.
More so if you prove that it was an accident then it should not be a big issue. Pay the bills to the lady so that you also show that you owed the duty of care towards the dog and paid for the treatment as well. Death is inevitable and you tried saving the dog.

Anonymous

Ok shreyash thanks a million for your help.

You are most welcome