Q. Electricity Meter

Sourav Dey

Q.Electricity Meter
I have a new tenant in my rented place. Who will apply for electricity meter? As I am a landlord I have my own electricity in favor of my name? Does my tenant want to increase the electricity load for his business purpose? does he apply for a new sub-meter or he will increase my load electricity? what is the general process? what to do in this case? who will be liable to pay electricity?

You must get separate electricity meter for his necessary load and he is liable to pay electricity charges, in the meanwhile get clarification from your local electricity office.

Please call me and take legal consultancy on my mobile through the administrators of this website.

A. ) It is better if he applies for a sub meter which shall have separate calculations for the business purpose and as he is the business doer it becomes his responsibility to pay the charges for the installation of such meter and also it is the tenants duty to pay for such electricity charges as it is directly related to his business.

The tenant can increase the load on your meter as well but in my personal opinion do not let that happen. The calculation becomes cumbersome. So it is always advisable that he has his own sub meter.

Thanks.

A. ) its your premises and you should apply for the meter

A. ) First u should approach to the electricity department and ask about it . If they are ready to increase load on privious meter then no issues if not possible then u can make application for another meter . U as well as both