Q. Customs notice

Anonymous

Q.Customs notice
I have received a notice from Chennai airport customs stating that I had imported a prohibited item through post Parcel of value 2000 INR and I am required to reply stating why the product shouldn't be confiscated and why a penality shouldn't be imposed on me. I haven't made any purchase of such item and I am not sure how to proceed with the notice. The letter of notice dates to oct 2018 but I had received it only on may 2019. I am required to reply within 15 days of receiving the notice. Seeking advice on how to go ahead

Abhishek Srivastava

A. ) First of all no need to worry; such notices send in bulk by department, if you didn't purchase anything simply revert to the notice and put all facts, consult any lawyer through vidhikarya.

You need not worry. They will impose some fine which you need to pay otherwise challan will be submitted to the Court.

Please call me and take legal consultancy on my mobile through the administrators of this website.

A. ) Show such letter to a lawyer and draft a reply to the same and thereafter send the same.

A. ) Since you have received a show cause notice hence you must respond to that otherwise they may take action against you.
I would suggest that you take the letter to a lawyer, discuss with him and let him prepare the response on your behalf. You can consult me also if you want.

A. ) If you not import then approach to the local lawyer and send legal notice through lawyer immediately