Selected {{UnlockArray.length}}

Q. Bank Lost my KYC documents

Anonymous

Q.Bank Lost my KYC documents
Hello team, Last year i opened a bank a/c online & as per bank policy customer has to submit their KYC docs within 20 days of a/c opening in the near by branch . I submitted the xerox of all my docs in the nearest branch within the given time. but after 20th days the branch where i submitted the docs freezed my account & told me to submit the KYC docs, for this i visited the branch & told them that i already submitted the docs on given date & time ..they pressurised me to submit the docs again as they had lost my docs. I reject to submit the KYC again & told them i will take an action against it and filed a complaint to their customer care headquaters but after 2 days they unfreezed my a/c,telling that they got my KYC..But suddenly after a year bank headquater permanently closed my a/c quoting the reason of not submitting the KYC and then i came to know that a branch can unfreeze customer a/c till a year even if KYC is not submitted.Now what legal action i can take againt them..as they lost my Imp docs like Pancard ,AdharCard, Marriage Certificate and photos..Please help and guide me.

You may ask the bank to lodge a complaint with police about misplacement of documents and such endorsement may be used by as secondary evidence along with certified/duplicate copies of your originals.

A. ) you can claim for damages caused to you on account of freezing, loss of important documents, unfair trade practice, deficiency in services, etc

A. ) Go to the branch and ask them in written form. About it