Q. Need assistance for further steps to take under family law

Sanketa Sadhukhan

Q.Need assistance for further steps to take under family law
Hi, I am married since 2 years and was having a relationship since 6 years before to that. During the discussion of marriage, my in laws were agreed on that I will not leave my job and my husband will continue the career he was already opted for. However, after 1 month of marriage, statements has been changed, but was under control. On jan 2019, my mother in law called my husband home stating she is sick. Afterwards, nothing as serious diagnosed and both my in laws are not allowing my husband to come back, instead they are forcing to the extend till mental torture to leave my job and stay idle there. Since then,my husband did not visit me and i did not receive any phone call or proper response from my in laws house. Now, due to the unavoidable mental torture he is forcing me to get separated and the mental harassment went to some extend that I have been diagnosed as highly stressed and need medical attention.
Now my question is, does it fit in law that one can purposely separate a wedded man and wife? I do not want to go through divorce, as per my own will. Can they force me on it? Can I have legal help to sort these out?

You may approach local lawyer and get legal guidance appropriately.

A. ) No one can force you to take divorce.
In case they want a divorce and you don't then, both of you shall need to contest the same and it is upon the judge who shall decide whether divorce should be granted or not.

If you want to stay together then, you can file a case u/s 9 of the HMA for RCR [Restitution of Conjugal Rights] which shall allow the couple to reconcile.