Call Back Request
Track Your Request
+91-7604047602 Legal Blog For Students Free Legal Advice Lawyer Login

Q. Landlord

Placeholder image


posted 1 year ago

I have a leased house. As per the agreement I am entitled to a 2W and 4W parking. I am paying monthly maintenance charges which includes parking among other amenities. Also, in the agreement, either party can terminate the contract by giving 3 month's notice. The lease period is for 3 years. Initially I did not have a car, so was not bothered about parking space. However, I bought a new car couple of weeks ago. The landlord is refusing to provide parking space. So I decided to vacate the premises in 3 months as per the agreement. Same was informed by call and text message. Now the landlord is demanding me to issue bond paper notice.

I have 2 questions.

1. Can I withhold the maintenance amount being paid every month for not providing parking space?
2. Informing about vacating the property by call/message is valid or not?

Please answer these questions so that I can make my next move.

Please do not provide your contact details here. We share your contact details on demand from the client.

Your Registration is Incomplete. Please Complete the Registration

Sorry, Your Profile is not activated.

Sorry, You can't respond to the Question as your account has been blocked.

Response is Required

Response should be with in 4294967295 characters

~ and ` characters are not allowed

Symbols are not allowed (Excluding #)

# Symbols is required

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar Retired Judge

Experience: 34 Year(s)

Responded 1 year ago

View All Answers

A. ) Dear Sir,
First get issue a legal notice threatening him to stop paying of entire rent.

Reply is Required

Reply should be less than 4294967295 characters.


Download the Clients App on

Vidhikarya App on Android Platform

Contact Details

[email protected]
505-A, Terminus Building,
Newtown, Action Area I,
Kolkata 700156

Download the Lawyers App on

Vidhikarya App on Android Platform

Certified by Startup India, DPIIT


Payment secured by :

PayUMoney PayPal net banking
visa master maestro