Q. Property share

Anonymous

Q.Property share
Hi all..
My grandfather had 2 wife's and my grandfather do not have any will..1st wife had only one some and second wife had 3daughters and son..my grandfather is died on 2008..and grandfather 1st wife also died..now what will the property share between his sons and daughters..
Property are ancestors property and self acquired properties..what will the share of 1st wife's son

Sayaree Ganguly

A. ) The property will be divided into 6 parts. Both the wives will share one part and the rest five parts will be bestowed on all the children.

Anonymous

Madam any high court or sepreme court judgement based on your suggestions..I am confused with rule 1 and rule2 and rule 3 of Hindu succession act 1952

A. ) The wives will get equal share and the sons shall get the shares from the wives share.

Anonymous

Sir..Is there any judgement based on your suggestions.. because some of here saying equal between two wives and some of saying equal between sons and daughters..which one is legal..I m here get confused..

In case of ancestral property the share shall firstly be divided equally in 2 parts [=ie. 2 wife's] thereafter the shares of the wife's shall be divided equally in the kids.
However, in various cases the property does get divided equally in the proportion of the people alive.
It is advised that you opt for a paid consultancy to sort out your query as there are many technicalities which need to be looked into.

A. ) Dear sir
Basically there will be two shares and given to two wives equally.the respective children get shares in their respective mothers portions.

SUBRATHA RAY

A. ) Depending on the situation if there is no will made by your grandfather or who so ever is the owner of property is registered with then the property has to be equally divided and shall have equal shares among all the sons and daughters of the both wifes or both the sides as all the children are legal heirs of the property and shall share the same in equal parts.