Q. Notice Period Settlement

Anonymous

Q.Notice Period Settlement
I have been working in an Export house based in Mumbai. I had joined this company in Feb, 2018 and within few days I realized that I have taken an very wrong decision to join this company. Company has very bad work culture/environment, mental harrisment , humiliyation by Bosses, cheap politics and many more things. December 2018. I had resigned but founder of the company promised that issues will resolve and requested to continue. But all in vain. Finally my health has suffered,had taken an months leave but no one to look at work so was requested to come as it happened at peak time. Finally took 2 weeks sick leave and conveyed verbally that I will be resigning once I am back. At time of sick leave, I got an message from one of the partner that my resignation is confirmed and I can come and complete the paper work. I replied that I am on sick leave and have yet not officially resigned. And mentioned owner to inform me once she is back in India, so I can go to office and officially resign. As per the aggrement, employee has to serve 2mths notice period. Company owner has accepted my Resignation but not willing to accept my notice period they don't want to pay or allow me to serve my notice period. And trying to claim wrong allegation on me.
Can you please guide in such situation what should I do. Should I accept no pay against my notice period and they are warning me that they will terminate my service and not accept my resignation. If I don't agree.
Please guide how should I react to it.
Thanks in advance for your guidence.

A. ) Issue a legal notice.

Swapnil S Bhalerao

A. ) Hello,
You may issue a legal notice based on the arbitrary decision which affects you if such power is not held by the company with respect to your employment through your contract.
Hope that helps!
Regards.

you may approach the Labour Commissioner and solve your problem or get issue a legal notice.

A. ) If company terminated you then they have such right. No need to serve notice period

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply. They have not terminated me. They are warning to accept no pay against the 2 months notice which I am willing to serve. Or they will terminate me. So in this case, can you advice ?

Company having such right .