Q. I was fired without giving proper reason and notice

Anonymous

Q.I was fired without giving proper reason and notice
Dear Madam/Sir,

I was working with an Ngo based in West Bengal for the past 8 years. We have yearly contract Cycle from July to June. Each year contract is renewed in the month of July and ends in June. On 28th of June 209 I was called by management and informed that my contract will not be renewed.When asked about reasons they said this was due to a Child protection issue which was raised by me three months back against one staff. I was informed that as per the investigation of Child protection Committee (internal) it has been found that there was no ‘substance’ in my complaint against the person and hence my contract will not be renewed. However there is no such mention in the policy that if the allegations found wrong a strict action will be taken against the person complaining.

They did not even share the report of the committee. All this discussion was verbal and its been a month they did not share any written reason for my removal though I did asked them twice through email. They did not provided me a month notice before removing me and I feel it was all decided earlier and a plotting of incident has been done here otherwise why did they informed me on 28th of June 2019 which is the last working day of the contract. I am emotionally and financially devastated and I really want to take a legal step but does not know how should I move ahead. In this regards can you please suggest whether should I take a legal step against them because I am sure there is biasness in the organisation? If I do then how should I go about it?

Kindly help.

A. ) Issue a legal notice.

Adv. Swapnil S Bhalerao

A. ) Hello,
You can issue a legal notice to them through your lawyer for the arbitrary decision. You can claim compensation for various grounds. Also, if you feel, on advice and consultation of your lawyer, you may file a complaint against them to the police as well.
Hope that helps!
Regards.

A. ) You should approach to the nearest police station and file complaint against them or approach to the any local lawyer for better understanding please