Q. INSURANCE COMPANY VIOLATING AGREEMENT OF POLICY DOCUMENT ISSUED TO ME

Anonymous

Q.INSURANCE COMPANY VIOLATING AGREEMENT OF POLICY DOCUMENT ISSUED TO ME
I took a insurance policy from Bharti Axa Life Insurance co. in july 2017. It is on monthly premium mode since first month. Due date of policy is 12th of every month as per policy document. But the insurance company sends ECS mandate on 05th of every month which is not acceptable to me due to fund availability on this date. Now insurer is not ready to change the ECS date for collecting premium amount from me to 12th of every month as per policy document issued by them nor accepting my online payments by de-activating the present ECS mandate date of 05th of every month. Two times my banker has been charged penalty for failure of premium amount on 05th for lack of sufficient funds. This month insurance company presented ECS mandate on 03rd of august and my accound was debited by penalty amount on sunday i.e. 04th august.

Now, can i move to court of law for relief against insurance companys arbitrary acts and compensation for defaulting other payments to banks which were also bounced due to penalty amount deduction by this insurer ECS mandate presentation in far early date than mutually agreed at the time of policy issue. Please suggest me. thanx.

A. ) Issue a legal notice to them and also complain to the banking ombudsman.

J S Pawar

A. ) As per our view n knowledge of consumer matters ur case is not encouraging for relief. U should instead keep sufficient amount for the next month's ECS which is better way rather than exploring legal possibility. After all insurance matter is benefit matter for u. Still u can take ur decision on ur own after weighing all pros n cons and whatever information and documents available. In absence of all material definite n conclusive advice is not possible. Thanks

You must get issue a legal notice and also lodge a complaint with banking ombudsman.