Selected {{UnlockArray.length}}

Q. Phone on EMI issue

Swarajkumar Ahirwar

posted 1 week ago

Q.Phone on EMI issue
I have purchased a phone on EMI through kissht and has given that phone to my friend as gift.My friend has sold that phone since he had a better one.A person saying that he is calling from the shop through which I purchased the phone.he is saying that my phone has been send back to company and that I have sold the phone illegally and thus I have to pay a penalty of RS 50000 or else I will get arrested.I told him I am willing to pay emi that is starting from next month and since it's a consumer products given to me on my personal gaurentee you don't have any right even if I sell the phone or give it to anybody.He is threatening to come to my house with police.i don't know what to do.Any help advise will be helpful

Responded 1 week ago

A. ) nothing seems to be wrong on your part,
immediately lodge a police complaint against the said person who is threatening you for extortion of money, blackmail, etc

J S Pawar

Responded 1 week ago

A. ) As far as you are ready n willing to perform your payment of EMI part the opposite party should not b in a position to take any coercive steps against you otherwise you can approach Police n file complaint.

Responded 1 week ago

It is civil case and if you do not pay EMI they have to approach civil court and they cannot get you arrested or file a criminal case. Nothing to worry.

Responded 1 week ago

A. ) If you paid all EMI then don't warry. Otherwise file complaint against them to the nearest police station

Responded 1 week ago

A. ) dear client if you have valid prrofs of purchasing and gift then dont hesitate to make counter complaint aganist that person. if you are ready to pay EMI then no one will stop you. kindly go through experience lawyer for better proceeds.

Swarajkumar Ahirwar

Replied 1 week ago

Yes I have kissht app installed which clearly has detail of my EMI and my purchase.I have asked my friend to whom I gave it as a gift.He said we can sell it and they can't take any legal action untill I am paying my EMI which I will.Thank you for your suggestion.I just wanted to know have I done anything illegal.