Q. Process for decree execution as a legal heir for our mother

Anonymous

posted 3 weeks ago

Q.Process for decree execution as a legal heir for our mother
Regarding my mother’s share of property from her father. My mother and her family has filed compromise petition followed by decree.also they have submitted stamp paper to draw the final decree in her name when she was alive. Meanwhile we lost her. Now that all her siblings except one have got done there decree execution. We (myself and my brother)as our mother’s legal heir, how we should proceed for decree execution.How to get the related documents from court.

Responded 3 weeks ago

A. ) obtain legal heir certificate and implead as a party in the execution petition

Responded 3 weeks ago

A. ) Before you do anything you must get a legal heir certificate in your names as the court will be asking for that. Once you have got your legal heir certificate then you can apply to the court or the filing section to get all the certified copies. After going through the certified copies move an application to the learned court requesting for passing of the decree/ execution of the decree in your names.

It is highly recommended that you hire a local lawyer who can help you to maneuver through these steps.

Manjula Shanmugasundaram

Responded 3 weeks ago

A. ) You have to file a petition to implead the legal heirs in the main case. For that you would need you mother's death and legal heirship certificates. It doesn't cost very much. But the process is a little cumbersome and time consuming.