Q. Legal advice for mental harassment issues

Anonymous

posted 4 weeks ago

Q.Legal advice for mental harassment issues
My sister-in-law is badly torturing my mother and it is taking a toll on my mother's health. She(my sister-in-law) is extremely insecure because of which she keeps on blaming my brother of cheating on her. She has no evidence at all of such accusations. These incidents have increased a lot in the past year. She also threatens our entire family by saying that she would take false legal actions. Can my mother file a harassment case? I have recordings of abusive language of her against my mother. Also, She is currently 4 months pregnant. My brother doesn't want to file for divorce.

Responded 3 weeks ago

Domestic Violence case can be filed by mother-in-law also.

Responded 4 weeks ago

A. ) in such isue you will need to file complaint agaist ur sister in law othewise solve it peacefully

Responded 4 weeks ago

A. ) Your mother can file a case of harassment and domestic violence. Lodge a police complaint immediately before legal actions. Consult me personally and I shall guide you.

Mrighankhi Chakraborty

Responded 4 weeks ago

A. ) Dear Client,
Under section 2(a) of The Protection of women from Domestic Violence Act, 2005 "aggrieved person" defines widely as under,

" "aggrieved person” means any woman who is, or has been, in a domestic relationship with the respondent and who alleges to have been subjected to any act of domestic violence by the respondent;"

so yes, Your mother can file a case or file a GD to your local police station against her(sister-in-law).

but I would suggest to solve it in person because she (sister-in-law) is pregnant, and also you can arrange a counselling for your bother, mother and sister-in-law to solve the matter.