Call Back Request
Track Your Request
+91-7604047602 Legal Blog For Students Free Legal Advice Lawyer Login

Q. Legal advice for mental harassment issues

Placeholder image


posted 8 months ago

Q.Legal advice for mental harassment issues
My sister-in-law harasses my mother and brother on false grounds. She frequently shows signs of mental illness as she starts screaming and shouting on her own without getting provoked. Though she and my brother stays in a separate house and she is hardly in touch with our family, She filed a complaint that we are harassing her and then she regressed. 1.5 yrs back, she got a propreitorship firm opened in her name and my brother is running that firm. He wants to convert it to a partnership firm but she doesn't allow. My mother's health is getting impacted due to the chaos that she creates. Can I file a complaint against her for harassing my mother and my family? Also, If the firm is converted to a partnership firm with a 50% partnership of both husband and wife, Is the husband still liable to pay alimony in the events of divorce?

Please do not provide your contact details here. We share your contact details on demand from the client.

Your Registration is Incomplete. Please Complete the Registration

Sorry, Your Profile is not activated.

Sorry, You can't respond to the Question as your account has been blocked.

Response is Required

Response should be with in 4294967295 characters

~ and ` characters are not allowed

Symbols are not allowed (Excluding #)

# Symbols is required

Pavan kumar Gudipati

Experience: 1 Year(s)

Responded 8 months ago

View All Answers

A. ) You are asking two different questions.
1. DV, Harassment: This is meant for a wife ( women), who is affected by her husband, and husband's family. she already filed a case, she was taken back. Any moment, she may use it again.

1B. Harassing your mother by her is a separate case, under IPC, you can do separately. Above case will be used as a defense

2. She and her husband doing business as a Proprietorship. both them has no issues, and if they want to convert to Partnership. That is their business plan. You have nothing to do with. Alimony is separate from Business activity. The Court may consider the amount of alimony Alimony may also increase, in accordance with the lifestyle of her, as a businesswoman.

Reply is Required

Reply should be less than 4294967295 characters.


Kishan Dutt Kalaskar Retired Judge

Experience: 34 Year(s)

Responded 8 months ago

View All Answers

A. ) Dear Sir,
Get her medically checked then remove her from your house and then your mother may file DV case against her.

Reply is Required

Reply should be less than 4294967295 characters.


Download the Clients App on

Vidhikarya App on Android Platform

Contact Details

[email protected]
505-A, Terminus Building,
Newtown, Action Area I,
Kolkata 700156

Download the Lawyers App on

Vidhikarya App on Android Platform

Certified by Startup India, DPIIT


Payment secured by :

PayUMoney PayPal net banking
visa master maestro