Q. Legal advice for mental harassment issues

Anonymous

Q.Legal advice for mental harassment issues
My sister-in-law harasses my mother and brother on false grounds. She frequently shows signs of mental illness as she starts screaming and shouting on her own without getting provoked. Though she and my brother stays in a separate house and she is hardly in touch with our family, She filed a complaint that we are harassing her and then she regressed. 1.5 yrs back, she got a propreitorship firm opened in her name and my brother is running that firm. He wants to convert it to a partnership firm but she doesn't allow. My mother's health is getting impacted due to the chaos that she creates. Can I file a complaint against her for harassing my mother and my family? Also, If the firm is converted to a partnership firm with a 50% partnership of both husband and wife, Is the husband still liable to pay alimony in the events of divorce?

Pavan kumar Gudipati

A. ) You are asking two different questions.
1. DV, Harassment: This is meant for a wife ( women), who is affected by her husband, and husband's family. she already filed a case, she was taken back. Any moment, she may use it again.

1B. Harassing your mother by her is a separate case, under IPC, you can do separately. Above case will be used as a defense

2. She and her husband doing business as a Proprietorship. both them has no issues, and if they want to convert to Partnership. That is their business plan. You have nothing to do with. Alimony is separate from Business activity. The Court may consider the amount of alimony Alimony may also increase, in accordance with the lifestyle of her, as a businesswoman.

Get her medically checked then remove her from your house and then your mother may file DV case against her.