Q. How do I reply to Show Cause Notice Issued by Customs for Import of Obscene Item

Anonymous

posted 1 week ago

Q.How do I reply to Show Cause Notice Issued by Customs for Import of Obscene Item
On account of an import of an item from Aliexpress, I have recieved a letter stating as follows,

" You are, therefore requested to furnish the following SELF CERTIFIED DOCUMENTS to this Office may be send by Email: [email protected] as early as possible. Also Mention your Parcel No. as reference while submitting your penalty and Reply in Writing.

1. Copy of any one document (Pan card/ driving license/ voter ID/ Aadhar Card

2. You are also requested to refer Notification No. - S.O. No. 1056 (E), dated 31.12.1993 as amended time to time issued by the Ministry of Commerce regarding prohition of imported of goods which are liable for confiscation and penalty under Customs Act, 1962.
3. Also you are requested to refer serial no. (ii) of the Notification No. 1/1964 - Customs dated 18.01.1964 as amended for time to time issued by the Ministry of Finance (DEpartment of Revenue) regarding prohibition of "obscene article" which are liable for confiscation and penalty under Customs Act, 1962.
in case of any contravention of Customs Act, 1962, you are also requested to specifically state whether you would like to have show cause notice and to be heard in person before adjudication or otherwise"

Please advise on how do i reply to this and in what manner should i reply as no penalty has been stated yet ??

Responded 1 week ago

Each and every fact is to be discussed with your legal expert and then send the reply.

Please take PAID phone call with me through VIDHIKARYA and get more legal guidance.

Viswanath M K

Responded 1 week ago

A. ) You must give a formal reply, there is a standard form. You will be summoned for an enquiry and will have to pay a penalty.