ask a question ask a question
Get Realtime Updates of your Request. Download Vidhkarya App

Ask a Question - Free Legal Advice

Q.Police loses or damaged a complaint with PS
Administrative Law (420)
Adoption (118)
Advertising (45)
Animal Laws (38)
Arbitration and Mediation (38)
Aviation (15)
Banking (518)
Bankruptcy and Debt (171)
Cheque Bounce (377)
Child Custody (146)
Civil (1938)
Commercial (68)
Consumer Protection (544)
Contracts and Agreements (450)
Corporate and Incorporation (91)
Criminal (1517)
Customs, Excise (34)
Cyber, Internet, Information Technology (318)
Debt and Lending Agreement (76)
Debt Collection (138)
Divorce (468)
Divorce and Separation (1599)
Documentation (298)
Domestic Violence (543)
Election Campaign and Political Laws (20)
Employment and Labour (1038)
Environment and Natural Resources (29)
Family (1844)
Financial Markets and Services (89)
Government Contracts (51)
Human Rights (253)
Immigration (51)
Industrial Laws (51)
Insurance (67)
Intellectual Property, Copyright, Patent, Trademark (98)
International Laws (11)
IT Contracts (41)
Juvenile (17)
Landlord and Tenant (564)
Licensing (21)
Mail Fraud (14)
Maternity (57)
Media, Communication, Entertainment (16)
Mergers and Acquisition (20)
Military Laws (9)
Motor Accident (132)
Muslim Laws (56)
Outsourcing Agreement/Laws (5)
Partnership (56)
Police Laws (60)
Power of Attorney (74)
Privacy (89)
Property (2731)
Real Estate (400)
Registration (133)
RTI (110)
Sale (57)
Sale of Goods (20)
Sex Crime (136)
Sexual Harassment (6)
Sexual Harassment at Workplace (69)
Software License (4)
Tax (13)
Tax-GST (6)
Tax-Income Tax (22)
Tax-Property Tax (30)
Telecommunication (10)
Torts (16)
Transportation (49)
Trust and Society (NGO) (80)
Will (142)
Work Permits (30)

Q. Police loses or damaged a complaint with PS

Placeholder image


posted 1 year ago

Please confirm the action/process to be taken against the erring police officials who lost / damage my complaint i.e. received by them.
I sent rti to know the status of DD NO. X Dated XXXX, DD NO. Y Dated YYYY, DD No. Z Dated ZZZZ received with the police.
Reply received that DD NO. X Dated XXXX, DD NO. Y Dated YYYY, DD No. Z Dated ZZZZ is pending for enquiry with the S.I. AA of the P. S. and status under section 8 (1) cannot be provided to me.
Then i filed appeal but it was also dismissed.
Then I filed again RTI for the copies of the complaint i.e. DD NO. X Dated XXXX, DD NO. Y Dated YYYY, DD No. Z Dated ZZZZ and this time i received the calls from the P.S. that i need to submit the copies of the above mentioned DD nos. when i denied the same.
I received the reply of the RTI where now police make back flip and reply that DD NO. X Dated XXXX, DD NO. Y Dated YYYY, is paid available but DD No. Z Dated ZZZZ is not available with the P.S. as on date ZZZZ last DD no. is BB.
Now please suggest that in one rti police is admitting of having 3 complaints and those are pending but in next RTI they denied of receiving 3rd complaint.
Whereas i am having the received copy of DD no. Z with me, with stamp of Police station on it.
Hence, please suggest the action / process to file complaint against the erring officials who supplied the wrong status in RTI and for those who missed / lost /damage my complaint in collusion with the opposite party.
Share this questionShare Icon

Showing 3 of 3 Responses

A. dear client in your case You need to file a complaint before the higher authorities mentioning the details of he matter along with copies of the RTI filed by you and the answers received and keep an acknowledgement of he same. After a reasonable tome period of say 15 to 20 days of making the complaint you can ask for an update of the same.In case you still do not receive a satisfactory response or no response at all then you can file a complaint before the CJM with all the particulars

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon

Deepak Bade

Experience: 9 Year(s)

Responded 1 month ago

View All Answers
Reply Here

A. If you approach the High Court it will pass strictures directly or ask the Police Department to initiate departmental enquiry.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here

A. in this case you need to send a copy of such along with a detailed but short description of the matter and send that to the Commissioner of police by post or in person. Then you can make a complaint before the Chief Judicial Magistrate for negligence of police officials.

Found Helpful
Found Helpful
Share this answerShare Icon
Reply Here
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us