Vidhikarya Logo
Callback Request
Call Back Request
Track Your Request
Track Your Request
+91-7604047602 Legal Blog For Students Free Legal Advice Lawyer Login

All you need to know about CLAT 2020

CLAT stands for Common Law Admission test. It is a centralized test for admission in National Law Universities in India. Any individual who is willing to pursue law from a National Law University in India has to appear for CLAT examination. It offers admission in Undergraduate(UG) and Postgraduate(PG) law coursed offered by 22 NLU’s and other Universities/Colleges accepting CLAT scores.


Any individual who has passed higher secondary/intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate from any recognized board with not less than 45% in aggregate, 40% in case of SC and ST candidate can sit for the exam. There is no age restriction for CLAT examination.

Exam Pattern

The duration for law exam is two hours. The question paper consists of 150 multiple choice question. There are five sections in CLAT examination which is:-

  • English Grammar and Comprehension
  • General Knowledge and Current Affairs
  • Elementary Mathematics
  • Legal Aptitude
  • Logical Reasoning

The breakup of marks is as follow:-

  • English-30
  • General Knowledge-37
  • Mathematics-15
  • Legal Aptitude-38
  • Logical Reasoning-30

Top 10 National Law Universities of 2020

  • National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore
  • National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (NALSAR), Hyderabad
  • National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal
  • West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences (WBNUJS), Kolkata
  • Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), Raipur
  • National Law University (NLU), Jodhpur
  • Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar
  • Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University (RMLNLU), Lucknow
  • Rajiv Gandhi National Law University (RGNUL), Patiala
  • Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna

CLAT 2020 Updates

Due to pandemic the dates have been extended till July 1 for application submission. As per the latest updates the date of examination will be announced shortly in first week of July. Candidates who have submitted the application will be provided admit card in online mode to appear for the exam.

Courses Offered through CLAT 2020

  • B.A. LL.B (Bachelors of Art LL.B)
  • B.Sc LL.B (Bachelor of Science LL.B)
  • B.Com LL.B (Bachelor of Commerce LL.B)
  • BBA LL.B (Bachelor of Business Administration LL.B)
  • BSW LL.B (Bachelor of Social Work LL.B)
  • LLM (Master of Laws)

Process to apply for CLAT

Step 1:-Online Registration- Candidates who are willing to sit for the exam need to submit applications online by filling up the required details.

Step 2 :-Issuing of Admit Card- Candidates who have filled up the application form successfully will be issued admit card online which will have all the details for the examination.

Step 3:-Appearing for the exam:- Candidates who have followed the first two step will have the sit for the entrance exam in their allotted centres. The candidate needs to carry the required document like the admit card and valid photo id proof with them.

Step 4:-Declaration of Result- The result will be announced along with the merit list in each NLU in the official site.

Step 5:-Admission Process- Following will be the counselling process of CLAT 2020 in online process where the selected candidates have to confirm their seat by paying the admission fee. 


Posted On : June 5, 2020

Written By :
Neha Roy

Recommended Free Legal Advices
question markI wanted to give new surname to my son which is not there in our family
Hi, At the time of birth, the name of the son should be considered to be the original name. however, there are a number of ways in which a name can be changed most popularly used method is filing for an affidavit and then publicationin a local newspaper. There is no bar from changing the name however if there is a particular custom in your family which prevents the same then you have to contest that in the court of law. Thank you.
question markwe invested in another company
Hi, You can approach the court. You have right to get profits based on the amount you have invested or as per the conditions of the contract. If there is any breech, you can consult a lawyer and sue against the company. Please rate my answer Thank You
question markTransfer of name in Bhada Salami after my father's death
Hello sir It would be advised to contact a local lawyer with understanding of local laws. A person having understanding of local laws could be of more help. Thanks Please rate if you find this advice helpful.
question markSame property sold to two people by 2 brothers
It has not been specified that whether by virtue of registered Partition Deed property division was done between X and Y or not. If there is no registered Partition Deed, then Y had filed Partition Suit against X . During the Partition Suit, without taking Court's leave the parties cannot transfer or make change of the nature and character of the property but during the pendency of Partition Suit,Y had sold 10 acres to M when Y was actually challenging the Ownership of 8 acres and it seems that Y had done so without taking any leave from the Court because otherwise M will required to be added as a party therein. It is necessary to scrutinize the documents and Order passed in that litigation because if it was Partition Suit,then after declaration of property share through Preliminary Decree,the specific portions are to be demarcated by Final Decree. It is necessary to clarify on your part that after death of Y whether his legal heirs were substituted in that Suit, whether that Suit is still pending or disposed of, whether M had taken any step to joint in that Suit as necessary party, whether M had taken any step for recording his name in Revenue records after such purchase. Until and unless relevant information with supportive documents are provided, proper legal opinion cannot be given.
question markCan ancestral property provided to father through family division be given to only one son
A property is considered ancestral if it remains unpartitioned for last four lineage and if the property is ancestral then no legal heir and heiress can be deprived of that. However,if the father got that property through family partition,then his property will become self acquired and then the father can transfer it in registered manner to any body. Until and unless the entire fact of the case be specified, it becomes difficult to give proper legal opinion.
Expert Lawyers in Civil
D.O.E. : 6/1986
View Full Profile
D.O.E. : 11/1983
View Full Profile
D.O.E. : 2/2008
View Full Profile
D.O.E. : 3/2013
View Full Profile
D.O.E. : 11/2007
View Full Profile

Please enter the text



Send your queries to

[email protected]
Consult Civil Lawyers from your City!
Post Your Matter
Post Your Matter to connect with the Lawyer online
Call 7604047602 for any assistance
Symbol for Lawyer
Find Lawyers by Location

Download the Clients App on

Vidhikarya App on Android Platform

Contact Details

[email protected]
505-A, Terminus Building,
Newtown, Action Area I,
Kolkata 700156

Download the Lawyers App on

Vidhikarya App on Android Platform

Certified by Startup India, DPIIT


Payment secured by :

PayUMoney PayPal net banking
visa master maestro
Celebrating 5 years