CLAT stands for Common Law Admission test. It is a centralized test for admission in National Law Universities in India. Any individual who is willing to pursue law from a National Law University in India has to appear for CLAT examination. It offers admission in Undergraduate(UG) and Postgraduate(PG) law coursed offered by 22 NLU’s and other Universities/Colleges accepting CLAT scores.
Any individual who has passed higher secondary/intermediate (10+2) or its equivalent certificate from any recognized board with not less than 45% in aggregate, 40% in case of SC and ST candidate can sit for the exam. There is no age restriction for CLAT examination.
The duration for law exam is two hours. The question paper consists of 150 multiple choice question. There are five sections in CLAT examination which is:-
· English Grammar and Comprehension
· General Knowledge and Current Affairs
· Elementary Mathematics
· Legal Aptitude
· Logical Reasoning
The breakup of marks is as follow:-
Top 10 National Law Universities of 2020
· National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore
· National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (NALSAR), Hyderabad
· National Law Institute University (NLIU), Bhopal
· West Bengal National University of Judicial Sciences (WBNUJS), Kolkata
· Hidayatullah National Law University (HNLU), Raipur
· National Law University (NLU), Jodhpur
· Gujarat National Law University (GNLU), Gandhinagar
· Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University (RMLNLU), Lucknow
· Rajiv Gandhi National Law University (RGNUL), Patiala
· Chanakya National Law University (CNLU), Patna
CLAT 2020 Updates
Due to pandemic the dates have been extended till July 1 for application submission. As per the latest updates the date of examination will be announced shortly in first week of July. Candidates who have submitted the application will be provided admit card in online mode to appear for the exam.
Courses Offered through CLAT 2020
· B.A. LL.B (Bachelors of Art LL.B)
· B.Sc LL.B (Bachelor of Science LL.B)
· B.Com LL.B (Bachelor of Commerce LL.B)
· BBA LL.B (Bachelor of Business Administration LL.B)
· BSW LL.B (Bachelor of Social Work LL.B)
· LLM (Master of Laws)
Process to apply for CLAT
Online Registration- Candidates who are willing to sit for the exam need to submit applications online by filling up the required details.
Step 2 :-
Issuing of Admit Card- Candidates who have filled up the application form successfully will be issued admit card online which will have all the details for the examination.
Appearing for the exam:- Candidates who have followed the first two step will have the sit for the entrance exam in their allotted centres. The candidate needs to carry the required document like the admit card and valid photo id proof with them.
Declaration of Result- The result will be announced along with the merit list in each NLU in the official site.
Admission Process- Following will be the counselling process of CLAT 2020 in online process where the selected candidates have to confirm their seat by paying the admission fee.
Please enter the text