Track Your Request
Track Your Request
+91-7604047602 Our Team About Us Legal Blog Free Legal Advice Login
Vidhikarya Text Logo


A property of a minor will be held by either natural guardian or guardian appointed by the court who will be entirely responsible for taking care of child and its welfare.

Any minor having a property in his name is accompanied by a Natural guardian or in case any guardian appointed by the court to take care of such minor. a sale of minor's property by guardian can be done by a guardian only with the prior permissions of the court before any such kind of sale or alienation. the minor can file a suit to set aside the deed within the period of limitation 3 years on the minor attaining the majority, as prescribed under Article 60 of the Limitation Act. In case the minor has died before attaining majority, the legal representatives of the minor should bring the suit within 3 years from the date on which the minor would have attained majority.

As per Section 8(2) of the Hindu Minority and Guardianship Act 1956, permission of the Court was necessary for the guardian to sell minor's property. Sale in violation of Section 8(2) is voidable as per Section 8(3). Therefore, the sale remains valid until set aside by the Court. A document which is voidable has to be actually set aside before taking its legal effect.

If any suit is filed by a minor on attaining the majority, seeking for cancellation of such sale deed or any other kind of alienation should be asking for declaration of such transaction as null and void along with should also seek for a declaration of title and handing over the possession of such minor, within the limitation period. The limitation period for any minor to challenge such kind of alienation is 3 years from the date of attaining majority. any suit filed after the period of 3 years of attaining majority will not be entertained by the courts.

Posted On : June 30, 2020

Written By :
Sharada H v
Sharada H v
Bangalore |

Recommended Free Legal Advices
question markChild custody
Dear Client, Usually, it is the mother that gets custody of such young children as they need maternal affection to grow up. If the father has never met him, then it is very hard to get custody as welfare of the child is the priority looked in such matters, Thank you
question markRegarding self living
Hi, As you have reached the age of 19, the custody of your father has ended. The father can claim custody until 18 years of age of his child. So, you can live without any parental care if you can sustain yourself. If you like this response, please rate us. Thank you.
question markCan Father marry against the child's wish in India?
Dear Client, The second marriage of the man after the death of his first wife shall be a valid marriage. If the couple wishes to have a religious marriage governed by Hindu law, then the non-Hindu partner must convert to Hinduism. Another option is to have a civil marriage under the Special Marriage Act which facilitates marriages between any two people, including members of any two religious communities. It does not involve conversion and also permits people to avoid various complications that arise from marriages under various religion-based personal laws. Thank you!
question markMinor marraige case
You have not specified the age the boy. Please take note that as per THE PROHIBITION OF CHILD MARRIAGE ACT, 2006,whoever performs, conducts, directs or abets any child marriage shall be punishable with rigorous imprisonment which may extend to two years and shall be liable to fine which may extend to one lakh rupees unless he proves that he had reasons to believe that the marriage was not a child marriage. “Child” means a person who, if a male, has not completed twenty-one years of age, and if a female, has not completed eighteen years of age;
question markSole child custody
Hello Ma'am You cannot let your child stay away from his biological father. Although you could surely file for the full custody of the child. But it would he difficult for you to not let know the child about his father and your ex husband. Thanks Please rate if you find this advice helpful.

Please enter the text



Send your queries to

[email protected]
Consult Sale Lawyers from your City!
Post Your Matter
Post Your Matter to connect with the Lawyer online
Call 7604047602 for any assistance
Our Team
Lawyer Login
Be a Partner

Download the Lawyers App on

Vidhikarya App on Android Platform
Contact Details
[email protected]
No. 2, First Floor, Subharaj
Plot No. CE/1/C/19, Premises No. 18-0208,
Action Area- 1, New Town