Get Expert Advice Online
from Top Lawyers
in India

Read Blogs to get more Insights

How to have a tenant vacate premises by sending a...

If one were to own extra houses and earn rental income out of those houses then its regarded as a source of passive income. Nonetheless, if right steps aren’t taken, this passive income source may turn out to be nightmarish and more so if one had to deal with careless tenants.Legal notice of vacating the premises from the landlord to the tenant is presumed as an opportunity of eviction of the tenant followed by the tenant looking for a new place to stay. Notice to the tenant for vacating is a circumstance where a tenant gets a reasonable time to vacate the place on rent and look for a new one.Why send notice to vacate premises?An eviction notice in India is a formal intimation to the tenant. For the tenant to vacate the rented property, a legal notice is essential.The situation gets worse for a landlord in any tenancy if the tenant deliberately or is intent on stubbornly holding on to his/her ground and staying put. Tenants of the type create inexorable nuisance at the landlord’s expense. Such incidents are quite common in India. The tenant forcibly remains in possession, thus provoking the landlord to file a lawsuit to evict the tenant. However, prior to filing a case, the landlord ought to first and foremost send notice to the tenant for vacating the premises.In the case of employee accommodations provided by employers often are put up on rent for some extra income. Nonetheless at times, evicting the tenant even after intimating that the tenant ought to vacate the apartment is a hassle of sorts. There is no reason at all for a landlord to be worried even if such a scenario looms. The landlord could consult an expert lawyer to evict the tenant after all the criteria of the notice are fulfilled. At this point, sending a tenant eviction notice drafted by an experienced lawyer is crucial.  How should the landlord deal with the tenant?If the landlord wants to send the tenant packing to form his rented property he would ideally send a notice or letter for vacating the premises to the tenant. The landlord is the owner of the property and therefore can rightfully claim his property from the tenant after giving a reasonable time to the tenant to vacate the property. While it's not mandatory, intimating a tenant to vacate the property through eviction notice is the acceptable protocol of apprising the tenant of the fact that the landlord intends on evicting the tenant.Eviction notice to the tenant is a type of evidence in the Court of Law that the tenant did get adequate time to make alternative arrangements in the interim period and move out.Oftentimes situations arise where properties are on lease through long term lease agreements. However, the tenant ought to vacate it prior to the end of the lease term. In cases like that, the landlord would typically send a notice of lease termination to the tenant and the tenant would have to vacate the premises within a reasonable time.Call 7604047601 for consultation with a registered expert property lawyer on Vidhikarya. 

Posted By

Avik Chakravorty

6 hours ago

Go to Blog

A step-by-step guide for legal recourse when Chequ...

|A Cheque is a mode of payment that is widely used for transactions including loan re-payment, payment of salary, bills, fees, and so on. Banks on a daily basis process and clear the vast majority of cheques. Issuing cheques are essentially proof of payment. However, cheques undeniably are a reliable mode of payment for most people. Conversely, issuing crossed “Account Payee Only” the cheque is advisable and indeed recommended so that the cheque is not misused in any way, shape or form.  A cheque basically is a negotiable instrument and they are of two types including Crossed and Account payee cheques which are non-negotiable by any person excepting the payee. The issued cheques have to be deposited into the bank account of the payee. The legal definition of the author of the cheque is ‘drawer’ and the cheque is drawn in favor of the ‘drawee’ and the paying bank is typically known as the ‘payee’. Cheque bounce cases in recent times are quite common. Occasionally, huge cheque amounts remain unpaid and payee banks return them dishonored.Dishonor of cheque results in the drawee bank issuing a ‘Cheque Return Memo’ to the payee’s banker pronto stating the reason for non-payment of the cheque. The banker of the payee then returns the memo and the dishonored cheque back to the payee. The cheque can be reissued or the payee can reissue the cheque within the timescale of three months of the cheque date if the drawer believes issued cheque will be honored the second time around. However, if the issuer of the cheque fails in making a payment, then its the payee’s right to proceed along the lines of legally prosecuting the drawer.  The defaulter/drawer may be legally prosecuted by the payee for the fact that the cheque was dishonored. However, the only exception to the rule is if the cheque amount is huge and the cheque payment is towards discharging debt or other defaulter liabilities towards the payee. In the case of a gift cheque, which may have been towards obtaining a loan or for illegal purposes, then the drawer is exempt from being prosecuted.Legal action In case of payee deciding to proceed legally, then the payer ought to have the chance of repaying the cheque amount pronto. The chance ought to be given only in the form of notice in writing. The notice ought to be sent to the drawer within a month of receipt of the “Cheque Return Memo” notice from the bank. The notice also ought to allude to the fact that the cheque amount ought to be paid to the payee within a fortnight from the receipt date of the notice by the issuer. If the issuer of the cheque is unable to pay within a month of receipt of the notice the payee is entitled and indeed empowered to file a criminal complaint under Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act. Call 7604047601 for a preliminary phone consultation with the registered expert cheque bounce lawyers on Vidhikarya.

Posted By

Avik Chakravorty

1 day ago

Go to Blog

{{ item.userName }}

{{ }}

{{ item.createdOn }}

Sanjay Kumar Jha

(See Reviews)


: {{lawyerExperience}}


: Advocate

Practicing Court

: Writs Criminal


: Bihar, Patna

State Bar Council

: Bihar

Reviews & Ratings(View Reviews)

#Deal #Criminal #Cases #AB #Bail #Trial #Appeals #Marriage #Divorce #Mutual #498A #Cheque #bounce #CBI #Forgery #Service #Writs #Vigilance #Fraud #Copyright #Trademarks #Realestate #Agreement #Company #POA #Danapur #Pali #ED #Patna #Siwan #Purnea #Araria #Jahanabad #Begusaria #Katihar #Betiha #Delhi

Professional Summary

Having 18 yrs. Experience as Advocate at #High #District #Court #Litigation #Non-Litigation:-

  1. #Criminal #Vigilance #Bail matters #Cyber #Crime #Appeal #CBI #ED
  2. #Civil #Writs #Service #Promotion #Suspension #Selection #Termination
  3. #138 NI #Debt #Recovery #Consumer
  4. #Divorce #Mutual #Separation #Annulment, etc.
  5. #Drafting #documents #P.O.A #N.D.A, #Compliance on #Notices,etc.

Services on #Consultancy #Fees

Expertise In

Primary Expertise

Category Experience(in years) Cases Remarks
Divorce 12 years 75 Got the decree in favour
Cheque Bounce 10 years 60 Mediated and Settled and disposed in favour
Bankruptcy and Debt 10 years 52 Most of Disposed in favour

Secondary Expertise

Expertise In


Experience 12 years

Number of Cases 75

Got the decree in favour

Cheque Bounce

Experience 10 years

Number of Cases 60

Mediated and Settled and disposed in favour

Bankruptcy and Debt

Experience 10 years

Number of Cases 52

Most of Disposed in favour

Other Areas of Expertise

Practicing Court Name

Writs Criminal

High Court


District Court



Bihar Institute of Law




PGD-Business Administration, Pondicherry University


PG-Economics, Patna University

Other Info

No. of juniors with me


Size of my team


No. of intern work per year


Other Legal Experience



Client Testimonials

Top Responding Lawyers

Experience: 33 Year(s)
Retired Judge
Experience: 3 Year(s)
As a advocate
Experience: 9 Year(s)
Lawyer and legal associate
Experience: 1 Year(s)
Experience: 22 Year(s)
Experience: 9 Year(s)
Adv.Ambrose Leo Associates & Legal Consultants
Experience: 15 Year(s)
Advocate High Court
Experience: 11 Year(s)
South Delhi
Experience: 5 Year(s)
New Delhi
Experience: 19 Year(s)
Experience: 14 Year(s)
Advocate and Legal Counsel
Experience: 15 Year(s)
Experience: 3 Year(s)
Criminal Lawyer
Experience: 20 Year(s)
New Delhi
Experience: 12 Year(s)
Experience: 38 Year(s)
Experience: 18 Year(s)
Advocate / Trial Advocate
Experience: 4 Year(s)
Experience: 17 Year(s)
Experience: 17 Year(s)
Experience: 18 Year(s)
Experience: 3 Year(s)
Experience: 17 Year(s)
Experience: 2 Year(s)
New Delhi
Experience: 15 Year(s)
Advocate High Court
Talk to a Lawyer
Post Your Matter
Request Callback
Contact Us