Posted 4 days ago
1. Residential : Child to stay with both parents equal days . Since he has been staying with mother for so long , it is her duty to also ensure that this is happening. For the same to happen we can divide as
a) First 2 weeks : 3 days with Father & 4 days with Mother in each week. First 3 days of the week. (M-T-W)
b) Remaining 2 weeks : 4 days with Father & 3 days with Mother in each week. Last 4 days of the week (T-F-S-S)
c) In case if any of the parent is not available due to work or some situation. It can be swapped . In case swapping is not possible , then an adjustment in the following week/s is recommended.
d) If either parent is moving out of city / country for career opportunities or for a long period. More than 2 weeks. In this scenario the child will stay with the other parent for the period he / she is away. Once back we implement points a. & b.
e) Either parent has complete access or visiting option at all times in all the above scenario
2. Schooling : the child shall continue going to the current school. However on mutual consent of both parents the school could be changed to make it centrally located for both parents. If any parent would like to change the school of the child , the same has to be exercised on mutual consent of both parents . Each parent to inform the other with regards to school / teachers feedback , homework, project work .
3. Vacation : Summer vacations, Christmas vacations & Diwali vacations to be equally divided between both parents.
a. Each parent shall give a prior information to the other parent for a plan going out of the city limits.
b. For Outings / Vacations out of Mumbai: At least 30days prior intimation to be shared with the other parent. Itinerary also to be shared be each parent.
c. For Vacations out of country : Minimum 45 days to 60 days prior intimation to be shared with the other parent. Also a detailed itinerary.
4. Festivals & Auspicious occasions : Festivals to be equally divided .
i. Diwali : Half day of Laxmi Puja with Father and other half with Mother.
ii. Ganesh Chaturthi : Divide it in first half and second half of the day.
iii. Navratri : 3days with mother & 4 days with Father.
iv. Gurunanak Jayanthi : Can be divided equally or if the mother is fine then the father can keep him all day.
v. 31st Dec : Alternate year with each parent. Alternatively if both parents agree can also be with both parents.
vi. Mother’s Day : with Mother
vii. Father’s Day : with Father
viii. Any other festival / auspicious days, the child can be with either parent or day can be divided between the parents as per mutual consent and convenience.
ix. Family Functions : For family functions in each family the parent of the other family shall cooperate and allow the child. This is for the better welfare of the child.
5. Birthday’s :
a. Child's Birthday : Both parents to celebrate it together. The birthday to be planned in a centrally located place. Where families from both places could attend and celebrate. The Birthday plans have to be made with consent of both the parents.
b. Grandparents birthday : Child to spend time with grandparents
c. Parent’s Birthday : Child to spend time with the respective parent. The other parent can be invited if felt so.
6. Extra-curricular : The child can be enrolled in any extracurricular activities, with the consent of both parents . Keeping in mind the feasibility & other logistics. The interest of the child to be first kept in mind.
7. Passport : Child's passport to remain with Father from Jan to June and with Mother from July to December. But in case of any travel plans during this period it be handed over to the parent traveling.
8. Clothes, Shoes & Toys : both parents to maintain their own set of each.
a) Education : borne 50% by each parent, this includes, bus fees, tution fees, books, uniform, school shoes, any other project fee.
b) Extra-curricular : borne 50% by each parent.
c) Travel / vacation : completely subject to each parent.
d) Clothes, shoes & Toys : maintained by each parent by themselves.
e) Entertainment : borne by each parent individually. A play area if is regularly used by the child, then the expenses for the same can be divided equally between the two parents.
f) Medication : any medical expenses to be shared equally between parents .
g) Child’s Birthday : The Child’s birthday expenses to be shared equally between both the parents.
10. Transportation : The respective parent with whom the child shall be staying from that day onwards will pick him up. On days of festival pick up and drop to be divided.
11. CHANGES IN ADDRESS AND PHONE NUMBERS: Neither parent shall
conceal the whereabouts of the child from the other parent. Each parent shall
advise the other parent at all times of the residence address and telephone
number where the child will be as well as the parent's work telephone number. If
a residence or telephone number changes, the parent making the change shall
notify the other parent personally or by telephone within twenty-four (24) hours
and in writing within seventy-two (72) hours of the change.
12. Name and Surname of the child : No parent has the right to change the name and surname of the child. Rather than the one decided during naming ceremony.
13. Intend to relocate :
a. Relocation outside City / Country : If either parent intends to relocate outside the country / city, then the custody shall move to the other parent, however on coming back the custody shall be moved back to as joint custody and point number 1 shall be applicable.
b. Relocation within City : either party if intends to relocate and the relocation shall cause hindrance in other parents access to the child , then the same would need mutual consent. If not resolved mutually then thru mediation , if still not resolved then thru order of the court .
14. Scheduled events : both parents to attend & participate in child's special events . Special programs like sports day , annual day , parents teachers meeting , extra-curricular competition or events. Each parent shall advise the other parent of extracurricular activities in which the child participates within twenty-four (24) hours of notification of an event or activity.
15. Communication : child should be made to speak(video call) to the other parent at least once a day if not more.
16. Boarding School : If the child has to be kept in boarding school for his welfare and well-being then all expenses to shared equally between both parents. The consent of both parents has to be obtained in writing for such a decision.
17. Child Psychology : Child could need help to understand and accept the decision of parents not staying together. This might need professional assistance, for the welfare of the child the best step be taken.
18. New Spouse or Companion : The parents shall not encourage the child to call the new spouse or companion “PAPA” , “MUMMY” , “Father”, “Mother”, “DAD”, “MOM” or similar names, as such is detrimental to the child’s relationship with his/her natural parents and may confuse and adversely affect the child. The other parent shall not be adversarial or hostile to the new spouse or companion but shall be courteous, polite, respectful & non-threatening.