Divorce Lawyers in Delhi
If you are looking for experienced divorce lawyers in Delhi, it is a tough patch. A mutual divorce lawyer in Delhi may help if both the husband and wife agree that they can not continue together for a lifetime. They may contact the matrimonial lawyer in Delhi and things may be sorted sooner. However, if one of the spouses does not agree to divorce, it turns into a legal battle. Before searching for divorce lawyers in Delhi contact number, go through the information below and proceed with the list of Delhi divorce lawyers.
Marriage and Divorce
Marriage, a well recognized social institution that holds a high pedestal in Indian society. It is the foundation stone to have a family in our tradition bound society. When this social bond breaks, the marriage comes to an end. It affects the family as a whole. But it is not the divorce stamp that is responsible but the dispute in marriage, which otherwise ruins lives. Divorce is an end to marital life and a beginning to a new perception of life for couples. The path to divorce may be a little rocky. The same may be a bit flattened with the help of Divorce lawyers.
Divorce in India Process
Marriage as well divorce is a personal affair and is governed by special legislations based on the religion. Legislations dealing with the personal matters related to marriage between husband and wife:
- The Hindu Marriage Act, 1955
- The Parsi Marriage and Divorce Act, 1936
- The Dissolution of Muslim Marriage Act, 1939
- The Special Marriage Act, 1956
- The Foreign Marriage Act, 1969
- The Indian Divorce Act, 1869
It usually starts with a petition before the court. Parties are given a decent amount of time by the concerned court to reconsider their decision in case it is a mutual divorce. Both the parties to marriage, i.e. husband and wife are heard and thereafter the court reaches the decision regarding divorce in India.
Ground of divorce in India
If a marriage comes to an end, the fact is realized by both the parties. Sometimes it is mutual consent divorce which is an easy path. However, if things are destined to not go smooth, there are certain grounds on which one side divorce can be applied for. The personal laws based on the parties’ religion provide for the grounds for divorce in India that apply in case one of the spouses does not agree to divorce. To have an exact picture based on personal facts, it is advisable to contact divorce lawyers in Delhi or near them. The commonly used divorce grounds are as follows:
- Conversion to another religion
- Not heard alive for years
- Venereal disease
Divorce Lawyer in Delhi
Being the national capital, Delhi stands out from the rest of states and union territories in India. Delhi is a big city with a population that may be equivalent to or greater than many countries. The more people residing in a given area, the more chances of unwelcome legal disputes. For matters related to divorce in Delhi, parties should know their jurisdiction and know the family court Delhi address accordingly.
- For family court Dwarka, contact divorce lawyers in Delhi Dwarka
- Those searching for divorce lawyers in Tis Hazari Court Delhi, parties may contact central delhi divorce lawyers as well as divorce lawyers in West Delhi.
- For matters or Karkardooma family court case status, contact East Delhi divorce lawyers. Depending upon the jurisdiction, divorce lawyers from North East Delhi may also be contacted.
- To seek advice for matters under Saket family court, contact the divorce lawyers in South Delhi (law offices).
- Patiala House family court matters can be discussed with divorce lawyers in New Delhi.
- Matters at Rohini family court are dealt with by North Delhi divorce lawyers. Parties may also contact the divorce lawyers from North-West Delhi.
FAQs on Delhi Divorce Lawyers
Q- How can I get divorce in Delhi?
A- It is advisable to contact the divorce lawyers in Delhi NCR before starting with the proceedings. However, in general, parties to divorce bring their matter before the court and then the court hears the dispute of marriage through a matrimonial lawyer in Delhi. Thereafter, the court decides whether divorce can be granted and other matters incidental thereto.
Q- Can we take divorce after 3 months of marriage?
A- It depends upon the personal law applicable and can be well understood through a divorce lawyer in Delhi. However, usually the law requires the parties to have married for a period of at least 6 months or a year before going for a divorce.
Q- How much does a divorce cost in Delhi?
A- The divorce lawyer fees in Delhi may vary depending upon the facts of the case whether it is mutual or contested. Apart from that, the applicable court fee etc. is also there.
Q- Is one sided divorce possible in Delhi?
A- Yes, for cases where there is no consensus over mutual divorce, contested divorce is the option. The party seeking divorce has to prove one of the ground for divorce in India and divorce is granted accordingly.