ARSHAD ALI ZAIDI ADVOCATE

A.NO

You are correct some extent....
Please give me Rank 5 if you feel my answer helped you
The legal age of marriage for women in India is likely to be revised from 18-years of age to 21-years of age as the government has formed a high-level committee to go into the matter and submit recommendations by July 31. Earlier, it was increased from 15 to 18 in 1978 as an amendment to the Sharda Act of 1929.
Government mulls to revise women’s legal age for marriage from 18 to 21
In February, Union Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman had, during the Budget Speech 2020-2021 had announced that this decision is important and will be looked into again in the span of the next six months.
The legal age of marriage for women in India is likely to be revised from 18-years of age to 21-years of age as the government has formed a high-level committee to go into the matter and submit recommendations by July 31. Earlier, it was increased from 15 to 18 in 1978 as an amendment to the Sharda Act of 1929. Since 1978, the minimum legal age for marriage has been 18 for women and 21 for men.
However, in a progressive decision of the centre, a task force has been set up, which will re-examine the matters related to motherhood and marriage at an early age. This includes the mortality rates and medical well-being of the mother and child. The task force will be headed by former Samata Party president Jaya Jaitly and will have among members V K Paul, Member, Health, NITI Ayog.
The ten-member task force will have as members Secretaries Health, Women and Child Development, Law and School Education. Three independent members are Najma Akhtar (New Delhi); Vasudha Kamath (Maharashtra); and Dipti Shah (Gujarat).
"Centre sets up a task force to examine the age of motherhood, imperatives of lowering maternal mortality rate, improvement of nutritional levels and related issues," Ministry of Women and Child Development.
Following which, the Women and Child Development Ministry (WCD) announced that this body has now been set up, signalling a possibility of the legal age of marriage for women to be raised from 18 to 21.
Sitharaman had said," Women's age of marriage was increased from 15 years to 18 years in 1978 by amending erstwhile Sharda Act of 1929. As India progresses further, opportunities open up for women to pursue higher education and careers. There are imperatives of lowering MMR (maternal mortality rate) as well as improvement of nutrition levels. The entire issue about the age of a girl entering motherhood needs to be seen in this light. I propose to appoint a task force that will present its recommendations in six months' time."
As per UNICEF (United Nations Children's Fund) study, around 27% of the women in India are married before turning 18th birthday. This judgement, if passed, it is hoped setting a higher age of marriage for women to 21 will bring strict laws, which will prevent children from being married off too young.
Legal Age For Marriage in India
The minimum legal age for marriage, since 1978, has been 18 for women and 21 for men. The child marriage prevention laws have been challenged in Indian courts,] with some Muslim Indian organizations seeking no minimum age and that the age matter be left to their personal law.

Aditya Shrivastava

A.no

J Vijay

A.Presently the girl's marriage age is 18 years only, the central government has appointed a committee to revise the
girls' marriage age from 18 to 21 years. #free legal advice.

ANISH PALKAR

A.No, In India the Legal Age for girls marriage is still 18 years & it may not increased to 21.

If you realize my professional skills, the time & efforts put in by me needs to be truly appreciated, and then Please “CLICK MY LIKES/ THUMBS UP/GIFT” button shown below this reply format & also CLICK/ WRITE a “REVIEW” in 5 star as I have answered your query in detail. Hope this information is useful
ADV. ANISH PALKAR (High Court)

question iconharessment from a woman
Dear client, in my humble suggestion, you should report this activity in the nearest police station in order to address this issue.
question iconPocso issue - Due to matrimonial issues
Dear Sir, It has become common for most of the spouses who are in disputes to take Posco Act and lodge false complaints against in-laws etc. The better course of defence is to go to High Court and get a stay order on such false FIR and ultimately it may be quashed.
question iconCivil stand certificate
Dear Sir, Such certificate normally will be issued by Revenue Department that Tahasildar or you may get declaration notarized and submit the same if it is acceptable.
question iconI am a scientist my marriage
Sir you can file for a harassment case, and if you have the possession of any proff against your wife it shall help you in the case furthermore.
question iconPension of Father - I am Nominee and First Son
Yes you'll be entitled to the money after mother's death, there is a guaranteed period, the pension will be paid to the Beneficiaries until the end of that period and income tax will apply to those payments. With joint pensions, income will continue to be paid to the surviving person (if applicable) until their death; usually at a reduced rate