Emotional harassment and divorce Emotional harassment and divorce

I got married in dec 2018. My mother in law has been creating issues between me and husband. Gradually my husband and mil started mental harassment to me. After five months of marriage my husband snatched my gold bangles and rings from my hands and abused me. He took all my gold ornaments from almirah in my absence which I received as gifts after marriage from relatives. The next day they asked me to go to my parents house for a week as they have to attend a wedding. I packed a few clothes in bag considering I would come back after a week. Now it's been nine months they are not allowing to come and live at their house. When my parents tried to contact them to meet at their house they denied. Now husband says he don't want to live with me and his mother wants mutual divorce. My all the belongings including my expensive clothes , furniture given by my parents, etc are at their house. Mother in law is not allowing me to go their house and collect my belongings. Once said they will send my things to me. Now after so much of lies and betrayal, not sure whether they will send any or very few just for the sake of sending. I want to collect my belongings myself so that i could get all back. Kindly suggest the procedure for this.

Ankita Jaiswal

A.A.You may lodge complaint with police under section 406 IPC etc... Also file DV case , mentainance case before court,
498a complaint (for causing mental, emotional, physical and monetary abuse, etc)
Domestic Violence case (for causing mental, emotional, physical and monetary abuse, etc)
the police will get your belongings after registration of the FIR,
you have rights to claim residence, protection, compensation, maintenance,
If my answer is helpful to you then please give my FIVE STAR

A.You may lodge complaint with police under section 406 IPC etc...

A.if you want to remain in the matrimonial relationship, then, try to settle the matter amicably with your husband involving elders/relatives/friends etc and start afresh, and if, failed, file Restitution of conjugal rights petition in the Court,
and,
if you want to terminate the matrimonial knot, then,
try to settle the matter amicably with your husband involving elders/relatives/friends etc and go for Mutual Consent Divorce which will be decided in 6-18 months, and you both will be free to live life with your wish,
don't forget to draft an MOU before approaching Mutual Divorce, which is the most essential and important part of a Divorce case,

some basic points to keep in mind and put in writing through an MOU before filing the petition for mutual consent divorce are custody of kids, distribution of assets (movable/immovable), quash/withdraw of pending litigation if any, Maintenance (present/future), Alimony, mode and time of making the payment, streedhan, future litigation, etc.
if failed, you are advised to file/claim

question iconPlease let me know the acts, sections, and the sub sections
Dear client, in my humble suggestion, Article 173 of the Constitution of India which states the qualifications for State Legislature membership mentions these things.
question iconRelection of committee members
Dear Client, the election can be considered as new term of 2 years generally. a person is not eligible if he falls under any category of By law 118. (assuming you are from Maharashtra).
question iconElection nomination and loan due
Dear Client, The grounds for disqualification of a candidate standing for state legislative assembly elections are: (1) In the first place, you must not hold any office of profit under the Government...
question iconDisqualification- member in panchayat gets disqualified
Panchayat is a civic body whose members are accountable to the office and the citizens of those villages coming under the panchayat. If there are irregularities then the authority having the powers ca...
question iconWhat should be the Candidate qualifications according to constitution for contesting as MLA?
For MLA as per Article 173 of the constitution of India one should be not less than 25 years for the legislative assembly and 30 years for legislative council, is a citizen of India and who subscribes...
Election Campaign and Political Laws Lawyers