Q.Query regarding Getting copy of Reports

Q. Query regarding Getting copy of Reports

Anonymous

Hi,
I filed a complaint (GD) against the unwarranted , derogatory and threatening incident .
Police didn't responded and then I wrote letters to senior officials to attend the same and lastly when nothing happened, I put a public Grievance after which the Police Chowki in charge called both parties and matter was resolved taking resolution statement from me (Complainant).
Now I want a copy of this statement/Closure statement ..But inspector said this Cannot be given except with RTI .
This seem to be unjustified as Initially, before going the grievance way, the complaint was lodged as a Police complaint.
Are they correct in saying so.

A. I am not writing how to get the closure report as that part has already been taken care of by the other panel advocates in this forum. In addition to that for your understanding a closure report by police cannot be accepted as gospel truth, as police is not the final authority on people complaints. A closure report is not the end of prosecution. You have a right to file your complaint before a magistrate narrating identical charges. If you can prove the allegations with the help of witnesses and their statements following the laid down procedure, then despite the closure report there can be prosecution. However, you will have a better chance to make out your prosecution against the accused if you could bring out additional evidence, or point out existence of adequate evidence on record against the accused.

View {{count[0]}} Replies

Anonymous

Thanks for your informative advice .
Is there any time frame (from the police complaint closure) within which I had to file case before Magistrate.

Come on paid consultation

Anonymous

Will definitely come , if required . Thanks for this much help.

Sincerely.

A. Take up the issue with Vidhikarya for advice & help.

A. Kindly contact or approach to our vidhikarya lawyers office for proper consultation and advise.

Deepak Bade

A. U r justified to demand and get the copy of closure statement.First u get the copy of closure statement.through RTI.After getting through RTI,u approach the higher authority regarding your demand of copy of closure statement

Ved prakash Shaw

View {{count[3]}} Reply

Anonymous

Thanks Sir for your response . Will help me.

A. They may not be absolutely right in saying so but it is a convenient way to request copies under RTI Act.

View {{count[4]}} Reply

Anonymous

Hi,
Thanks for your response.
I suppose RTI is for the information which is not publicly available or which is demanded out of way. But as I am the complainant , so it becomes obvious for me to get without any special requests. I suppose I am correct in saying so.
Is there any scope they are even partially right.