Selected {{UnlockArray.length}}

Q. Mr

Anonymous

Q.Mr
I have a flat. I have a son and a daughter. I would like to leave a will in my wife's name and get it registered with the registrar office. What are the formalities to be followed.

Sunil Kumar Singh

A. ) You have photograph addhar card,draft with me .
Get it now

Yes, you can do that. Please visit the office of Sub-Registrar of your locality and get more details.

A. ) Adv Shreyash Mohta I agree with you sir . Dear client please follow it properly

A. ) Sir the formalities to make a will are as follows:

1. Registration of the will happens at the office of the sub-registrar. You will have to produce address proof, photographs and the witnesses who will sign the will. The witnesses have to bring their photographs and address proofs as well. Note that you will have to pay stamp duty during registration.

2. Once the will is drafted, a witness should accompany the testator to the registrar for registration.

3. Once it’s registered, it can be kept in safe custody in a bank locker or with the lawyer. The registrars also has authority to hold in deposit wills. If you opt for the registrar for safekeeping of your will, you will have to submit the will in a sealed cover by the testator or by a person duly authorised by the testator. On satisfying the identity of the testator or the person authorised by the testator, the registrar will hold the cover containing the will.

4. If you decide to change your mind and want to withdraw the will from the registrar, you can personally send your request or do it through an authorised agent. If the registrar is satisfied, the will be delivered to the person.

5. In case you want to revise or modify certain clauses in your will, it can be done through Codicil, a document
enlisting the amended parts of the will. It is then attested by the testator in the presence of two witnesses and kept along with the will with the registrar.

6. If the person, whose will is with the registrar, dies, any person could apply to the registrar for opening of the cover containing the will of the deceased. However, only after the registrar is satisfied that the testator is dead, the registrar will open the cover in the presence of the applicant and provide a copy to the applicant. The original will continue to be in the custody of the registrar till a court orders the official to produce the original will.

Nirmal Chopra

A. ) You can get a will prepared with such terms and conditions as you think proper and get the will registered with the sub registrar of your area.