PIL filing rules PIL filing rules

4 years ago

Dear sir, I had recently filed SLP in supreme court against impugned order given by Bombay High Court on my PIL. The PIL was filed to pass order for Election Commission of India to implement the suggestions given by me to ECI. On the day of hearing, Hon. Supreme Court jude told us that your SLP has merits but there are some loopholes in the representation made to Election Commission of India. Hon. SC judge asked us to withraw the SLP and make fresh and modified representation to ECI. Now, my question is that what if ECI does not accept the modified sugestions too. I read that one can not file PIL on the same subject again in supreme court. In my case, can I file PIL in supreme court or any of the high court, if ECI does not accept my sugestions? Please note that the Hon. Supreme Court's judgement only says that, "The learned counsel for the petitioner seeks leave to withdraw this Special Leave Petition. The Special Leave Petition is, accordingly, dismissed as withdrawn". The Hon. judge has not mentioned that he has suggested us to withdraw the SLP. Please answer my question if I can file PIL on this topic in future with modified prayers.

Kishan Dutt Kalaskar

Responded 4 years ago

View All Answers
A.Dear Sir,
Already answered.

Post Your Matter Post Your Matter

Talk to a Lawyer Talk to a Lawyer

Ask a question Ask a question

Vidhi Samaadhaan Vidhi Samaadhaan

Read Related Answers

question iconManaging committee
Dear Sir, One of the owner of the flat may lodge complaint with Registrar and in turn the society get notice for conducting elections etc.
question iconBond breaking from company
Dear Client, I would like to inform you that the enforceability of the bond and the consequences for breaking it would depend on the specific terms and conditions mentioned in the agreement. It is im...
question iconCan a proxy contest RWA election in rajasthan
Dear Client, No person other than the resident owner of the apartment and the member of RWA can neither cast a vote in the election of the Association nor can contest for a position of Governing Body...
question iconVoters Id with fasle address
Dear client, To correct the address, you will have to submit an application form (Form 8) and attach supporting documents mentioning your correct address. The application will be verified and you wil...
question iconMore than on Voter ID Card for contestor
Dear Client, The matter involves complexity of both facts and law. Reach out to Election Commissioner appointed for conducting election in Municipality seeking clarification on the subject and for a...